Chapter 727

Chapter 727 Set up a Scheme, then Leaving Like a Cicada Sloughing Its Skin

It was very quiet in the carriage as there was no sound for a long time. After a while, Bai Yihao opened his eyes and smiled, “Not yet. The poison hasn’t spread to your lungs, so it’s not the worst. When we arrive at the capital of the Yan Kingdom, I’ll write a prescription and get medical herbs.”

Mo Xuetong thought for a while and said, “If you want that jade token, I’ll go back and find it for you. It’s not mine anyway.” She had sensed that those secret guards had long since wanted to work for Bai Yihao. Only Shopkeeper Xing was willing to work for her for old times’ sake. The assistant leader of the secret guards had already had his own idea, and it was meaningless for Mo Xuetong to stop him. Besides, the old master of those secret guards was King Jin. Now they worked for the most powerful man, Bai Yihao, which meant that they found a good master.

As they were able to quietly leave the capital of the Qin Kingdom, those secret guards must have played an important role in it.

Since she was not on his side, she might as well do him a favor. However, she had to do it after she returned to the Qin Kingdom. She had carried the fake jade token with her. Mo Xuetong knew that she could deceive others with it, but it was impossible to deceive Bai Yihao with it. As such, she did not even take it out.

“You can keep the secret guards for you, and you don’t have to be in a hurry to ask them to protect me. The situation in the Yan Kingdom has changed. I can rest assured when they are by your side,” Bai Yihao said with a smile.

“There’s no need. Take them if you need. I came to the Yan Kingdom as a secret. It’s useless for the First Prince and the Empress of the Yan Kingdom even if I got captured. No one will pay attention to me.” Mo Xuetong refused decisively. She did not want to have too much to do with Bai Yihao; furthermore, those secret guards had never been loyal to her.

Bai Yihao picked up the teacup and took a sip. Then he turned it slightly and said gently, “There are spies in the capital of the Qin Kingdom, and they’ve already known about it.”

Mo Xuetong paused for a moment before she asked back nonchalantly, “So what if they know?”

Anyway, she had nothing to do with them.

“They will catch you in order to threaten me, so your safety is very important.” Bai Yihao looked at her lightly and frowned slightly. His pretty eyes darkened a little.

Mo Xuetong’s hand, which was holding the teacup, trembled slightly. She bit her lips and changed the topic, asking. “Did Mother go to the Yan Kingdom with you?”

There was no need to continue this topic. The more they talked, the more chaotic this matter would become. No matter what Bai Yihao planned to do, Mo Xuetong did not want to get involved.

Seeing that she did not want to probe further, Bai Yihao answered lightly, “As both of us have left, Second Aunt felt it was pointless to stay there.”

Mo Xuetong thought for a while and asked, “I want to sit in the same carriage with Mother. Is that okay?” She really did not want to face Bai Yihao alone even though Qing Zhu was by her side.

“Don’t worry. I’ll leave in a while. You’re in poor health, and it’s more comfortable here. Take a rest. I’ve already asked someone to book an inn.” Bai Yihao immediately understood what she meant. He still looked gentle as usual, and smiled, “I’m leaving now. I was in a hurry to come here since I’ve traveled 250 kilometers on horseback.”

Then not waiting for Mo Xuetong’s reply, he stood up, lifted the curtain in front of him, and jumped away. The curtain fell down and hid his trace in front of Mo Xuetong.