Chapter 618

Chapter 618 An Encounter, King Chu’s Care

Feng Yuran did not stay in Anhe Palace for long. When he had calmed down, he chatted with Mo Xuetong for a while and then, left with the eunuch sent by Emperor Zongwen. Mo Xuetong straightened up her clothes and did not stay idle. She went to the Empress Dowager’s Cining Palace. When she was ill, the palace had sent gifts to her. Of course, she had to express her gratitude.

The reason she had entered the palace earlier because she wanted to express her gratitude first in case anyone accused her of being rude due to this matter.

When she was ill, others would not fight about it. However, now that she was fine, she had to give an explanation to several big shots in the palace. No matter how the outside fight was, those people were elders and Feng Yuran had to take on filial duties. Since he wanted to go far on that road, Mo Xuetong could not drag him down.

The reason why she chose Cining Palace first was because it was the Empress Dowager who lived there. In the entire harem, the Empress Dowager had the most respected status.

The matter of Consort Zhao and Consort Yu had just happened in the palace. The battle between the two favored consorts had resulted in both sides suffering. Everyone in the harem felt insecure. There was no longer any lively and laughing scene. The Empress was still paying respect for Buddha. Two imperial noble consorts were in charge of the harem, but since either of them was the Empress, they lacked the status to work.

However, no matter what, King Chu, Feng Yuxuan’s status was much improved. He was the Emperor’s eldest son and his mother had a noble status, and was also in charge of the harem; besides, he had made great achievements in the court. He seemed to be the most powerful prince among all the princes. Now, he was popular in the court.

However, Mo Xuetong did not know why he appeared in the palace now. Furthermore, he was coincidentally standing on the path she had to pass.

Mo Xuetong stopped and looked up with her watery eyes. It was King Chu, Feng Yuxuan who was coming toward her. She had never seen him since the incident at King Chu’s Manor.

Feng Yuxuan was also wearing a light purple royal robe today. Even though it was also purple, it was completely different from Feng Yuran’s flamboyant purple robe. It was much plainer, bringing out his elegance and grace. He was still the King Chu who was as gentle as jade.

“Greetings, King Chu.” Mo Xuetong retracted her eyes lightly and gave a slight bow according to the curtsy.

Feng Yuxuan walked up to Mo Xuetong and swept his gaze across her jade-like white face. Even though she did not look very healthy, she was still extremely beautiful. Furthermore, there was a hint of natural delicacy in her body. Her watery eyes were beautiful and attractive. No one would forget such a woman, including him! What was more, this woman was so smart!

Before he married Ling Fengyan, he had been having a crush on her. However, it was a secret and he had never told anyone about it.

He smiled and said gently, “Consort Xuan, please rise!” However, he did not move away and was still in Mo Xuetong’s way.

“I heard that you’re feeling better, Consort Xuan? I think you’re still too weak. Why don’t you have more rest?” He stood at the intersection and said those caring words with a smile. His handsome eyes were filled with affection. He did not feel that it was too much for him to care about his sister-in-law so much.

“Many thanks for your concern, King Chu. I’m almost cured.” Mo Xuetong’s smile was as light as water and she seemed distant. She took two steps back and kept a distance from Feng Yuxuan.