Chapter 649

Chapter 649 The Sixth Princess’s Regard

This kind of beautiful scenery was rare even in the imperial palace!

The Seventh Princess also wanted to stay and have a look, but since the Sixth Princess had said those words, she could not refuse. She could not let the hostess wait ahead while the two of them enjoyed the scenery and delayed others’ time. Both the Sixth Princess and the Seventh Princess were not as arrogant as the Fifth Princess, so they could not disregard others’ wait.

Moreover, Marquess Mingguo’s wife had a high status. Even if these two were princesses, they couldn’t go too far!

Both of their mothers were not powerful. They had to watch others’ mood in the palace.

“Then Sixth Sister, you stay here and enjoy the scenery. I’ll go to see His Excellency’s wife first,” the Seventh Princess stated with a smile.

“Alright then. I’ll go in and take a look at the scenery first. I’ll meet up with you later,” the Sixth Princess said as she motioned her palace maids to move forward. The Seventh Princess walked past the entrance of the Osmanthus Garden with a few of her maidservants.

After going through the door of the Osmanthus Garden, the Sixth Princess turned to another path and headed for a pavilion, instead of going to the conspicuous place where Mo Xuetong stood. Around the corner, the two maidservants hid behind the flower rack in a dilemma, not knowing if they should go up. The superior only asked them to serve the first distinguished guest. Then they didn’t have to serve the distinguished guests behind, right?

The short maidservant lifted her hand and pointed in the direction of the Sixth Princess, asking uneasily, “This lady is going that way?” They were all maidservants of Mingguo Manor and had never seen the Sixth Princess and the Seventh Princess before. Therefore, they did not know the two princesses. They knew who Consort Xuan was because the two maidservants who guarded the door said that they had seen Consort Xuan coming.

Now both the two maidservants guarding the door had disappeared, and the two little maidservants who did strenuous work didn’t know what to do!

“That’s…” The tall maidservant looked in the direction of the Sixth Princess and her face was a little pale. She reached out to point but was so shocked that she could not say anything.

The short maidservant suddenly realized something was wrong. She stood up from one side and was about to rush out.

“What do you want to do?” The tall maidservant grabbed her.

“There, there’s… the lady is going to that way!” The short maidservant pointed in the direction where the Sixth Princess was missing and shouted hurriedly.

“Are you going to stop that lady? Nanny only asked us to serve the honored guests who came here, and the two sisters also asked us to serve Consort Xuan in person. Even if something happens there, it has nothing to do with us.” The tall maidservant’s face darkened. “Do you want to go against the orders and lose your life?”

Her words were harsh, and the short maidservant trembled with fear. Thinking of the little maidservant who was beaten to death because she didn’t listen to the Young Madam’s words a few days ago, she was so scared that her face turned pale, and she didn’t dare to interfere. A few days ago, the little maidservant died because the Young Madam asked her to go to another garden to pick flowers but she went to the Osmanthus Garden.

“Anyway, we are here to serve Consort Xuan. Even if something really happens, we will insist that we have served Consort Xuan and haven’t seen this lady at all. Anyway, she went that way in a hurry and seems to be familiar with this place. It is unlikely that something will happen!” the tall maidservant comforted the short one.