Chapter 623

Chapter 623 See the South Pearl Necklace Again

Mo Xuetong did not know why the Empress Dowager suddenly summoned her. It was not yet time for the banquet and she was resting in Anhe Palace when she heard the Empress Dowager’s call. Having no choice, she hurriedly got up, tidied up and brought Mo Lan with her to Cining Palace. It was well-prepared this time and there was even a sedan chair. It was said that King Xuan was in the Empress Dowager’s palace and had ordered someone to prepare it especially.

Mo Xuetong got on the soft sedan chair while Mo Lan followed beside her. When they arrived at Cining Palace, Mo Xuetong found that the place had changed a lot, and there seemed to be more people.

The Sixth Princess happened to come here as well when Mo Xuetong got off the sedan chair. She said that the Empress Dowager had also summoned her. Both of them had no idea what had happened and went in together.

There were many people in the hall, including King Chu, King Yan, King Ning, and King Xuan. All the princes had come, and even Qin Yufeng was there. On the other side sat King Chu’s second consort, and Consort Yan. Beside the Empress Dowager, there was a woman wearing a veil, and her eyes were full of hostility. Mo Xuetong thought she should be Princess Caifeng, who had lived in her manor but she had not seen before!

She had seen Hu Qianyue, who was next to the princess, several times. The situation looked quite odd.

Princess Caifeng had been looking at Feng Yuran all the time. She felt that she could not see enough of him. Feng Yuran had been avoiding her for the past few days. Even though she had lived in King Xuan’s Manor, Princess Caifeng had not seen him since they had met at the banquet. She only felt that King Xuan was extremely handsome. Even though he was a man, he was so beautiful that even her appearance was not comparable with his.

She thought that she was the only woman who was worthy of such a man!

Thinking of this, she felt that what she had done was right. What kind of person was Consort Xuan? Not only was she sick, but it was said that she was young and had a low status. Her father was only a third-grade official. How could this woman be worthy of the handsome King Xuan?

“She might as well die earlier and give her position to me!”

As she thought about this, she heard a report from outside. “Here come Consort Xuan and Sixth Princess!”

The Empress Dowager waved her hand slightly and answered casually, “Come in!”

Soon, two women came in side by side. They were about 15 or16 years old. Under their slender eyebrows, the beautiful eyes were bright, and their skin was as white as snow. One of them wore a light pink coat and a red skirt. She looked graceful and attractive, but had a dignified mien. She was the Sixth Princess whom Princess Caifeng had seen before.

Then the other one standing beside her should be Consort Xuan!

She looked around and saw a pair of jet-black watery eyes which were like black jade or crystal. When she rolled her eyes, there seemed to be a light flowing in them, which made people unconsciously immersed in them. The light blue dress made her beautiful face look a little otherworldly. Her face was a little pale, and she stood there weakly, but in an instant, others became a background to her. The beautiful Sixth Princess immediately became a part of the background, and was not eye-catching at all.

“Consort Xuan is so pretty!” Princess Caifeng heard the gasp she made. She watched as Mo Xuetong approached and greeted the Empress Dowager graciously. Then, she exchanged glances with Feng Yuran. There was a deep affection between the two of them. Even though they were very far away, Princess Caifeng could still sense it.