Chapter 658

Chapter 658 The Envoys of the Southern Barbarian Lands Moved out

“Pa!” The Sixth Princess, who had lost her mind, stumbled and fell on the steps because of her mother’s slap. A red mark appeared on her pale face. The imperial edict in her hand had already been thrown 10 meters away. The palace maid behind Imperial Noble Consort Wen rushed over fearfully, and picked up the edict respectfully. Then she knelt on the ground, lowering her head in fear.

“Do you want to die? Do you want us both to be ruined? Do you want your… to be ruined along with you?” Imperial Noble Consort Wen, who had always been calm and gentle, showed a ferocious expression on her face. She glared at the Sixth Princess with a livid face. Her eyes were round as if she was going to drown others in them.

“Mom…” The Sixth Princess looked at Imperial Noble Consort Wen with tearful eyes. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she pleaded, “I… I don’t want to marry into such a barbaric place; I don’t want to marry the Third Prince. Mom…”

“You don’t want to marry into that kind of place, but is it useful to tear up the imperial edict? Even if you tear up the imperial edict, we will be punished together. Have you forgotten what I said for so many years?” Imperial Noble Consort Wen’s two eyebrows were tightly knitted together, and there was a strong sense of gloom in them.

Imperial Noble Consort Wen’s look made the Sixth Princess shudder. She had not seen her mother being so angry and gloomy for many years. When she was very young, she saw the Fifth Princess running wild in the palace. The Sixth Princess was also very envious and once, she imitated her to compete with her. Of course, in the end, the Sixth Princess was pushed into the lotus pond and then went to the Fifth Princess’s palace to apologize.

The Sixth Princess felt wronged and sad. When she came back, she burst into tears. Imperial Noble Consort Wen came to see her, immediately closed the door of the palace and stroke her hard in the face two times. The two slaps stunned the Sixth Princess, who wanted to ask Imperial Noble Consort Wen for comfort.

At that time, Imperial Noble Consort Wen wore a gloomy look on her face and told her to endure it! She had to endure it and not argue with anyone in the palace. No matter how she was angry and hateful, she had to endure it. She had to show a gentle smile in front of others so that no one could see what was on her mind.

At that time, the Sixth Princess cried stubbornly, “If I have to endure it all the time, I might as well die.” She was also a princess, but she was asked to live worse than a little palace maid. If she lived like this for the rest of her life, she would rather die than be a princess. So her mother told her a secret, a secret that would make her full of hope.

It was not that she could not be superior or be a noble girl, but she had to wait. If she continued to wait, one day, she would be superior, admired by all people, and would become the most distinguished woman in the palace. But the premise was that she had to endure it now and prevent others from finding out the secret.

Therefore, the Sixth Princess understood!

She had changed from an unruly little princess to a graceful and gentle princess. She was no longer as sharp as before. Other than when the young girl was first awakened of love and secretly fell in love with Bai Yihao, she had never confronted the Fifth Princess or anyone else. She had thought that as long as she could bear it, she would eventually stand at the peak of power.

However, she was desperate now. If she married into the Southern Barbarian Lands, no matter how glorious her mother and that person would be, it would have nothing to do with her. What was the point of so many years’ endurance? Her existence was a joke, a ridiculous shadow that existed for power.