Chapter 9: Family (1)

Chapter 9

Title: Family (1)

....

"Wow..." Crouching down, Neji checked the "loot" that dropped from the boss and the other monsters that he gathered in one place. There were things like skeleton's head, skeleton's bones, some (rusty) swords, shields, and bows. But what stood out most from these items were the – potions and armour.

«Stamina Potionx5»

«Mana Potionx2»

«Armour of Dignity»

[Stamina Potion: Restores 20% of Stamina each bottle.]

[Mana Potion: Restores 20% of Mana each bottle.]

[Armour of Dignity: 30+ END upon wearing it.]

'Nice, nice.' A soft laugh left his lips. With the stamina potions, his quirk's main weakness would be covered. Although the percentage of the heal is pretty low, it would be fine after he gets his hands in a moderate number of them. But... 'The mana potions are useless... for now.'

He rapidly shook his head. "Either way, it's strange that I didn't get any health potion. Is it perhaps rare? Hm, meh, I would find out after raiding some more dungeons." He then shot a glance at the huge armour. A person needs to be at least 15 feet tall to wear that thing... "How am I supposed to wear this?"

At that moment, a monotonous child's voice, almost his voice – but feminine, sounded in his head as a message appeared in front of him.

[Ding! Master can equip the Armour from the Character page. The size wouldn't matter that way.]

Neji blinked. Master? Look's like the system had adapted to a more suitable way to call him. The term "Host" didn't really blend properly for him.

He grinned, "Ah, thanks, System. That helps a lot."

[I am glad.]

He nodded and noted to himself for the umpteenth time, Rule number 1: if you have a system, always maintain a good relationship with the A.I/Gamemaster. He had read about tens of protagonists antagonising the system without any particular reason. In his not so humble opinion, they were stupid.

From what he realised, the system isn't mindless, but it's also unknown if it is sentient or not – as it never spoke of its own opinions yet. Up until now, it had just acted like Siri, or Google Assistant... or Samsung Assistant.

Then, he looked at the armour in front of him and dragged his hands forward, touching the armour.

"Equip." At his command, the armour vanished from sight and appeared on his torso, hugging him tightly.

He frowned. "...It's pretty uncomfortable." With a shake of his head, he chanted, "Unequip." As the armour vanished from his torso. He then put the armour in inventory for emergency use.

"Welp, time to get out." Saying such, he jumped in the air and released shockwaves from his feet to stay floating. He looked around and located the park where the gate of the dungeon rested.

He flew towards the park at a moderate pace as he realised something. 'It seems all the other monsters vanished after I killed the boss. Like a typical game, huh. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have dropped any loot.'

Like that, he reached the park and approached the large tree split in two, releasing the ominous purple light. Taking a deep breath in front of the "Gate", he prepared himself for the nauseous feeling that would soon hit him and slowly stepped into the gate as his body was pulled forward, vanishing from the dungeon world....