Chapter 92: Sports Festival (6)

Ida was in the arena right now.

He stared ahead at his opponent, his gaze sharp with his thoughts accelerating fast in his mind.

His opponent, Izuku Midoriya, had a very strong quirk but Ida had no idea how the guy used it in battle.

The only times he had seen Izuku use his quirk all out was in the fight in Battle Training. But Izuku was up against Neji, so... that didn't count.

Anything against that guy couldn't be judged by normal means.

So, Ida decided to play safe. He will speed up, run behind Izuku at a blinding speed, grab Izuku's shoulders and then use the full burst of his engines to push Izuku out of the ring.

A simple strategy. No need to complicate it.

As he nodded, looking at his opponent, Midnight waved the red flag in hand down in the air.

"Your match starts now!"

Ida moved immediately.

As planned, he kicked the ground and appeared behind Izuku in an instant. He spread his arms and tried to grab Izuku's shoulders, he would then just push him out.

However, his hands couldn't touch Izuku's shoulder at all.

His hand was slipping in the air from the kid's body as if the latter wore an invisible armour.

Realisation hit Ida immediately. Izuku was reflecting the air around him, causing the air to act as armour.

Ida knew it shouldn't be that durable. He just needs to push harder, faster.

However... by the time he reached that conclusion, it was too late.

Izuku turned around, his palm spread as he softly placed it on Ida's chest.

Ida didn't get the chance to react, as Izuku's lips moved.

"<Astral Push>"

A wave of invisible Astral force repelled out of Izuku's hand, a mixture of both his quirks, just as Ida's consciousness... blew out of his body like a candle against a gust of wind.

He didn't enter a state of Astral Awareness, since he had no such quirk, and instead was just knocked unconscious.

Izuku smiled, his teeth shining.

["My, my! Did Midoriya just push the consciousness out of Ida's body?! A deadly quirk, indeed!"]

Present Mic said, who had by now already explained Izuku's Quirk, Attraction-Repulsion, to the crowd.

Izuku found that funny. UA was giving the information of their students out to the whole world, and yet they expect the villains to sit still?

That's lame.

["With this, the 4th round goes to Izuku Midoriya!"]

—★—

Neji observed the match with a calm gaze, calculating in his mind.

So Izuku could do that, huh. That would be a pain in the ass in a real fight against the kid, but Neji could manage. This only meant Izuku's quirk would be more useful than he initially thought after he would rob it...

Next was Mina's match, another boring one.

Mina was up against Inasa, the <Whirlwind> quirk user.