Chapter 88: Sports Festival (2)

["It's the UA Sports Festival!! The one time each year when our fledgling heroes compete in a ruthless grand battle!!"]

Present Mic's voice rang out around the entire stadium, and even the entire country via the Live Cameras recording the scene of UA High.

["First up, let us greet the miraculous rising stars who brushed off a villain attack with their steely willpower!!"]

Footsteps replaced his voice, and from a tunnel, students started to appear.

["Welcome, the first years of the Hero Course!!"]

The students of both Class 1-A and Class 1-B walked out of different tunnels, but the crowd's attention was on 1-A.

"Oh, ooh!! It's Class 1-A!!"

At this reaction, Kaminari whistled beside me, "Whoa, what a crowd."

"We are expected to put on the best performance in front of such a crowd...?" Ida started, looking around. "I suppose this is merely one more necessary skill if we hope to become heroes."

Kirishima decided to nudge closer to me. "Hah... They're really giving us too much attention, while you did all the work. Man, talk about stealing credit."

I gave him a hearty chuckle. "Don't mind it. That just means you need to prove your actual worth to them. Show them, the next time something like that happens, I won't be fighting alone."

Kirishima grinned. "Right!"

Then, the class C, D, and E of the general studies, and F, G, and H of the support and business course also walked in on Present Mic's announcements.

Soon, we gathered together, in front of the alluring teacher, Midnight, who acted as if I didn't exist there.

Yes, that's how a proper teacher should be.

"Omg, this time's first year's referee is the R-rated Hero... Oooh, I am feeling something in my pants!!"

From Class 1-B, a short kid with purple balls in place of his hair muttered while clutching his pants.

Wait, is that Mineta? Kek.

Midnight coughed her throat, bringing us back to the present, and then brushed her gaze past all the students with a smile on her face.

She was about to say something, but Tokoyami frowned.

"R-rated Hero? Should she really be in a high schoo-"

Midnight's whip hit the platform she was standing on. "Shut it!"

She smiled again, acting as if she was an angel, and said, "It's time for the athlete's oath! Your student representative this time is," She looked at me, and licked her lips. "Neji Hado~!"

Not very teacher like.

—★—

"Must be because he came first in the Entrance Exam."

"Meh, the Hero Course entrance exam you mean... Sigh."

The students didn't have a good impression of the boy at first, but as he walked up the stage, smiling softly, their jaws dropped.

Shining cosmic blue eyes reflected their faces, and they stared at it with wide bewitched eyes.

"Ah... he doesn't seem like a bad kid."

A girl gulped in.

"T-true, we shouldn't hate on him just because of his entire class."

The girls' faces reddened a bit, and Neji's smile widened. He grabbed the mic from Midnight's hands, giving no glance at her, which made the woman bite her lips and proceeded to talk.