125: Dungeon (4)

If you want to read 15+ chapters ahead, go here: patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 125: Dungeon (4)

The people around Neji slowly stood up, some growling in rage and some wiping their tears.

Mursha was the first to walk to Neji. She wasn't crying, she was the type who was growling.

"They say the White Tiger is the weakest of the Four Beasts, battle power-wise." Mursha said to Neji, who was observing the two stones on his hands. "But I should have expected it to be as annoying as the other three Beasts because of its mental abilities. I had underestimated that statement and hadn't expected its mind magic to be this strong. But luckily, I have never underestimated you, my liege."

At first, she couldn't believe Neji and his Familiar were completely immune to such a strong mental attack. But her shock didn't last long, as High Humans surely had many tricks up their sleeves.

Neji stood up from the ground. "Glad that we won at least." He gazed over her side. "Though we seem to have lost quite a few people."

Some died by the Tiger's electricity attack, and many died from that mental attack. Especially the wolves, who didn't have strong enough minds.

Neji eyed the Dominator of Wolves looming over his dead subjects while wearing a grim expression. "Mursha, go talk to Andrius. I will talk to him later, I have someone more important to talk to first."

Mursha nodded, already knowing who he was talking to. Then Neji picked the now small Kurai from the ground and flew to Kimi.

He dropped beside Kimi, where she was lying on the floor face first.

Kurai jumped off his shoulder with a worried meow and Neji flipped Kimi around.

She was just unconscious.

He slapped her cheeks softly and then seeing she wasn't waking up, he tapped a few acupuncture points on her neck.

"Ah?!" Kimi jolted awake. "W-what's happening?"

Neji held back a sigh and ruffled her hair. "Nothing's happening. The battle has ended, and we got what we needed."

There were quite some more rewards, but some were so useful that Neji wouldn't have passed on in any other situation. But many of his people had died, so the least he could do was to give the living ones the rewards they fought for.

Neji helped Kimi wash her face with a bottle of water he had in his inventory, while Kurai rubbed her small head on Kimi's leg.

After the cleaning was done, Kimi seemed to look more miserable.

"I...I am sorry." She sighed and bit her lips. "I didn't think things were this dangerous in here... so you have to fight enemies like this on daily occasions to get all those magical items?" She asked, but it was a question to herself. "Yet, we wasted so many of your health potions on small wounds before..."

"It's fine." Neji waved his hands. "Anyhow, I hope you'll keep what happened here a secret from Nejire and Momo. I am sure you understand why?"

Kimi nodded slowly. "I won't tell them, don't worry."

Kimi could tell, Neji had a greater reason to do all this. It wasn't just because of the magic items, she knew him too well for the reason to be that simple. She didn't know why, and she didn't feel like he would tell her if she was to ask. But the two little girls won't understand that. They'd simply worry about his safety, instead.

But...

Kimi sighed again, rubbing the back of her neck. "...Well, guess I have only been doing you harm huh. From your younger days, untill now, I have only been leeching off you."