Chapter 93: Sports Festival (7)

"You actually won, wow."

Neji whistled seeing Momo walking over to the area where Class 1-A was sitting.

"What do you mean by wow?"

She suppressed a smile and kept a moody expression before taking a seat to Neji's right, who was sitting at the left-most row.

The moment she sat down, the other students turned their attention to her.

"That was awesome, Momo!" Kendo said, cheering for Momo.

She didn't look so sad anymore after Neji chatted with her in the time Momo was gone.

Momo smiled at her, "I just got lucky."

"Not at all! It was just your quick thinking, instead." Mina said, throwing her fist in the air.

Neji shrugged as the girls started to surround Momo. Kendo, Mina, Setsuna, Tsuyu all gave her compliments while the others also slipped in sometimes.

Even Ochako congratulated her, but the short-haired girl didn't look so good.

She looked worse than she did in canon, in fact.

She was against Bakugo, someone who could blast a hole through a building with his explosions, after all.

Uraraka didn't have any choice to surrender like Kendo, either. She must win. Her parents were watching this, she can't let them down!

So, with her fingers interlocked, Ochako's chin rested on her hand and she stared down on the empty arena, visualising her strategy with a big frown on her face.

From his seat, Neji stared at the side of her face worriedly before shaking his head.

Instead of consoling her now... he had a better idea.

—★—

["Now, ladies and gentlemen, it seems we got our winner!!"]

Present Mic shouted, narrating the match happening below.

It was the longest match until now, as it was the match between Tetsutetsu and Kirishima.

The winner, this time around, was Tetsutetsu.

They just exchanged punches, blows, and kicks for half an hour with no winner. So, in the end, Midnight just had them do an Arm Wrestling match. Maybe it was luck? Or maybe Tetsutetsu was just stronger because of the butterfly effect, but he was the winner this time.

Kirishima didn't seem offended at all. He was, instead, more than proud to lose to such a manly guy like Tetsutetsu.

Then after a little break, it was Uraraka's match.

—★—

Uraraka was waiting in the Waiting Room when the door opened and Neji walked in.

He gave her a small smile as he leaned his shoulder against the doorframe.

"You look nervous."

Uraraka did not want to talk to him, but words did leave her mouth.

"I am..." She sighed.

Her brows were furrowed as she stared at the table in front of her with cold sweat gathering in her head.

"I can see why." Neji nodded, "Bakugo is strong."

"..."

That didn't do Uraraka's self-esteem any better so she could only sigh.

"I have a plan, wanna hear? If you don't mind, of course."