Chapter 81: Tower Dungeon (2)

Things don't always go according to plan, do they? It was a bit strange seeing a monster, who I was about to kill, talk all of a sudden, but this was still within my boundary of expectations.

Since Dungeon no.11's Boss had sentience, what stops the higher dungeon monsters from obtaining it?

I followed the green-skinned female Ogre a few steps behind, my senses cautious as I carried Cat-Kurai on my shoulders who purred in my ears randomly.

I decided not to kill the Ogre. This dungeon was my EXP farm, and I will have to hunt each monster for my growth, but if I can get help from one of the factions at the beginning stage, I would need less time than usual. After that, if needed, I can just kill the aforementioned faction too.

So for now, I have decided to follow her.

But I am sceptical. She said I now have control over her life, and since she was the Chief of the Ogres, I also rule over her tribe. Is she lying? I have no way to confirm. <Observe> barely helps here from reading her [State].

There is a reason why I ran from the two Sirens. Not because they were both higher levelled than me, but because there was a chance of multiple enemies hiding underwater where my Echolocation magically bounced off from.

That's why I fled. There was bound to be more people underwater if they were going far enough to put a barrier around it.

Yet, now I was heading to a village full of monsters, where at least a few levels 100+ should be present since their Chief is so high.

Going there is dangerous, moreover when I have no assurance of a monster's words. But let's see where this all leads to.

Fortunately, I have some spare cards. Such as the [Quirk Exp Card] and the [Random Skill Card] I got from the quest.

I didn't use the Quirk card already because according to the System's calculations, using it won't make my quirk 'Evolve' right now. So that's an emergency card instead. If I get a new power right now, I would have a hard time managing it. I have my plate filled already with my Vibration powers right now.

But the Skill card... I don't need to preserve it. Let's just roll with it.

I slipped my hand into inventory, still walking, and took out the shining golden card with black lining around it.

It looked almost like a YuGiOh card. It was blank on one side, but had some text explaining the card's powers on the front.

[Random Skill Card: A card that works like a gathca token. Upon using it, you may get a random skill with a random level. The chances of obtaining a Max levelled skill is very low.]

Hmm... How do I activate it? In coupons, I just had to tear the paper apart. But this card doesn't seem like it would be torn apart bluntly... Ugh, do I need to insert mana? Do I make Kurai do it, then? No, that would make her get the skill instead.

System?

[You just had to ask me, Master.]

With a brilliant golden light, the card dissipated in the air. The Ogre woman turned at me, but I motioned my chin at her and she stiffly turned forward again.

I then focused on the message flashing in front of me.

[Luck plays a role!]

"..."

[You have acquired a Max levelled skill!]

[You have acquired the Passive skill, "Last Man Standing"]