80: Tower Dungeon (1)

If you want to read 20+ chapters ahead, go here: patreon.com/Master4thWall

80: Tower Dungeon (1)

The golden light slowly subsided and I found myself standing within a green forest, a message flashing before my eyes.

[You have entered the 1st floor!]

Waving the message off, I focused on my surroundings. I could hear the sound of water dripping from the tree leaves, the sound of birds chirping in the tree branches, and the sound of a waterfall running wild nearby.

Hmm. A forest isn't the worst I have seen.

I have been to volcanoes, above the clouds, and even in a world with no land and only water. I survived there, this is nothing compared to that. This should be easy.

A loud screech resounded from a distance, almost as if nature was opposing my words.

I chuckled to myself and blasted my legs on the ground, causing my body to leap into the sky. Kurai held on to my neck tight, almost digging her claws into my flesh.

Just as I tried to go beyond the clouds—

"Ouch!"

—My head bumped on the air.

I almost fell down along with Kurai, but somehow managed to get back my composure.

"System?" I groaned while rubbing my head. "What was that?"

[That's the barrier of the 1st floor. This floor is the southern part of the great jungle located in the United Continent. Further information is locked, and can only be unlocked after conquering the first floor.]

Hm. Does floor 1 cover the entire jungle?

[I am not supposed to say that... but fine.]

"Well, thank you." I blew a kiss in the air.

[...The first four floors cover the South, North, West, East sides of the jungle, while the 5th covers the middle of the jungle. This is the biggest jungle on the entire continent, there are Dragons and Phoenixes in this jungle, covering it on the 1st floor would be a bit unfair, even for a Gamer.]

I nodded at the system's words. This meant all the 10 floors were essentially a single dungeon. Basically a small planet.

I looked at the horizon. The jungle is vast, but at the edge of each side, a blue barrier was raised, which even if it did not block the monsters from travelling, would surely block me.

I have a bad feeling about this jungle all of a sudden. This alone occupied 5 floors, and there were supposed to be dragons and phoenixes. This ought to be hard.

Wait... Does time flow the same here as the outside world?

[No, master. Time flows 10:1 in this world compared to the outside world. Basically 10 times faster.]

Niiice! I will spend 20 hours max here then. Now that I have a girlfriend, I can just excuse myself from Mom anytime. But I still have to finish my job here in outside's 2 hours.

[You can only leave the Tower after reaching a safe spot. Shall I show you the spots?]

"Please do so."

Immediately as I said so, 5 blue lights burst out from different parts of the jungle. I was probably the only one who could see the lights beside Kurai, if not the animals would have started a commotion.