105: Internship (2)

Chapter 105: Internship (2)

This was his first time travelling by train in this life, and Neji could proudly say he would choose the car over it any day if it was allowed by the school.

Fortunately, the bullet train was faster than his sports car so it only took around 20 minutes for him to reach the city where Pro Hero Mirko worked.

She didn't have any agency, as far as Neji knew, and merely handed the criminals she caught directly to the Police.

Staring at the map on his phone, Neji had to walk for 20 more minutes to reach the edge of the city where he was surprised to find a traditional Japanese mansion surrounded by so many trees that he almost mistook it for a mini forest.

After observing the surroundings for a bit longer, he pressed the bell of the front gate.

Immediately, he heard a fwoosh from the other side, as if someone had moved at a great speed, just as he felt someone stand opposite the door.

"Who?"

A feminine voice deeper than normal, asked from the other side.

"It's your intern, miss-"

Neji couldn't finish his words before he felt a sense of danger crash into his shoulders. He snapped his head at the sky where a tanned rabbit had her leg raised vertically, her face forming a huge grin.

"<Luna Fall>!"

Her huge and thick right leg clenched as her muscles got highlighted before she swung it down at Neji's head.

If it landed... it'd surely crack his skull in half.

However, it wouldn't land.

Neji's eyes flashed red for a single instant as he strode his shoulders to the right side, therefore letting the attack simply slip by his side and crash into the ground, making a crater.

"Nice dodge!"

The Hero said before she swung her leg at Neji's neck.

Neji didn't dodge this time and instead grabbed her leg mid-air, twisting her ankle, and then pushing her body on the ground face first. He grabbed her arms and locked them on her back via his hand.

"Hello, I am your intern, Neji Hado," Neji said as he ignored her struggle. "Nice legs, very strong. Luckily my homeroom teacher warned us that some Pros might take some kind of 'test', so I was prepared. Or, who knows, you might just have killed me, Ma'am."

"Tch," Rumi grumbled from below him, finally stopping her struggle though still grinning. "Don't act as if you couldn't see the attack coming. That fluid dodge gives up your act."

Then, with a small grunt, she jerked her hands free and then backflipped away from Neji.

"Now, I ain't gonna let you pin me down for too long, it'd look bad for me." The rabbit said as she rested her left hand on her waist while her right played with her hair. "Yo, the name's Rumi, you can call me Mirko though."

"Sure, Rumi."

The rabbit grinned. "Oh-ho, daring, I see." She stared at his blue eyes with her red ones. "Heh. Anyway, I was surprised to know you accepted my invitation, Neji. Calling you Neji is fine right?" Neji nodded as Rumi continued. "I thought you'd choose Ryukyu, honestly. Since I heard that's where your sister is working. But guess the rabbit's charm isn't to be defeated that easily."

At her arrogant grin and narcissistic remark, Neji smiled softly. "...Oh well, I just thought it'd be fun to choose the Pro infamous for never working in a team—let alone taking in an intern. Though I am serious about my training here, as well."