203: The Cursed Gamer?

Master4thWall Note: 😩 4th Chapter because Master4thWall.

Chapter 203: The Cursed Gamer?

He honestly thought that was the end of him.

But as it turned out, he didn't die.

He was neither awake, nor asleep, but he knew he was living.

Whether it was the Omniverse's Will, or Lady Luck pulling some last miracle, whatever it may be, he somehow managed to live.

Neji didn't know how long it had been, though. Just that he was in this... calm, tranquil, and peaceful state for a very very long time.

He was getting more and more worried though, as time passed. His girls were all in other universes, and time was different for each of them. He might have spent a month or even years in this state, but his girls on the other hand might have spent centuries (or seconds) in their place.

Luckily, before he could go crazy from all this anxiety, after an unknown period, he woke up suddenly, jumping from his lying spot.

There–

"Oh, you are up."

–He came face to face with a... girl.

"What's wrong?" She tilted her head at him.

Braided white hair, cosmic blue eyes similar to his, and two bright blue earrings. The girl looked a bit too similar to himself, like his sister- or twin, even.

[Image Here]

Just who the hell?

...Just who the hell?

"...Me from another timeline? Ah, God perhaps?" Neji answered her previous questions with his own. "No wait, are you that dude, the One beyond Omnipotence?"

"Well, no." The girl denied with her expression bland. "I am your System."

Neji immediately sighed. "Awww..."

But that reaction, the girl didn't seem to like it.

She frowned. "...Why do you sound so disappointed?"

"I mean compared to meeting the ripoff one above all, this is kinda... you know, less exciting?"

The System, as she proclaimed, furrowed her brows and pondered over his words. "That... Yes, indeed, certainly-"

"I am joking." Neji quickly stopped her before she could reach some weird conclusion. "How do you not have a sense of humour even though you have been with me for 16 years? Or more, if we count the duration of me being unconscious. I vote impostor."

"..."

The bit of doubt that Neji had about- if this was truly his System's personification or not vanished as he watched her silent reaction. She was always like this, since the start.