115: Target Locked (4)

If you want to read 15+ chapters ahead, go here: patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 115: Target Locked (4)

The next morning, Rumi woke up on the bed beside Neji, shocked.

Her face went pale immediately when she recalled last night's incident.

She had invited him to the bed...by herself.

'The hell...'

However, her pale face regained colour when she recalled the next part...

She threw the blanket from over his body, looking at his hands.

'Dangerous.'

Those hands almost made her do something that she wouldn't have done normally. It's unbelievable, how she would have done that unspeakable thing with a teenager if said teenager pushed her just a bit more.

But...

Neji hadn't actually tried something weird with her. She was drunk enough to do anything right then if he pushed a little. Rumi was certain a guy like him realised that too, but he didn't do that push.

Was he scared...?

Her eyes locked on Neji's sleeping face.

Was he really all bark and no bite?

It was surprising that this kid, the same guy who has been saying he's in love with her, didn't touch her when she was inviting him herself, drunk in pleasure.

'No...'

Rumi doubted he was scared to make a move. It just didn't make sense to her. The only reasonable conclusion was, he didn't want to do it with her when she was not in her right mind.

...He's a playboy, a womaniser, but he seems to have manners.

If he hadn't held back... she didn't know what she'd have done this morning. Maybe she'd have been disappointed with him? Never to see him again after their internship ended... Either way, she was indeed happy that nothing happened last night.

But...

"Tsk."

A part of her felt betrayed... pessimistic about this situation.

She had never really cared about her appearance, but... was she not charmful enough that a teenager could ignore her approach even after he got to touch her butt?

"Bastard."

Rumi growled at Neji's sleeping face and went to the kitchen to cook breakfast.

When she was out though, she might have just heard an amused chuckle from inside the room.

—★—

"Nice food."

Neji took in the aroma of chicken as he took a seat in front of Rumi.

Rumi didn't reply and only stared at his eyes sternly while chewing on chicken legs.

"Uh... anything wrong with my face?" Neji said as he watched Rumi shake her head. "Don't tell me... have I grown more handsome in a night?"

"No..." Rumi grunted. "I am imagining how that face would turn out after today's training."

Neji held back a smile and feigned surprise. "Huh? We aren't going to patrol?"

Rumi froze. "Oh... yeah... we have to do that too."

She was about to sigh, but Neji waved his hand. "It's fine, it's fine. You were... injured quite badly in our last training session. Even if I did some massaging, there must be some pain that still lingers in there, right? No need to overwork yourself in this situation."