Chapter 39: 2nd Confession (2)

Chapter 39: 2nd Confession (2)

[Ding Condition 2: "Make Nejire forgive you for betraying her" is yet to be fulfilled.]

Looking at her face as she yells incest is bad, Neji found himself thinning his lips.

She hasn't forgiven him… 'I got the weird idea that she did, based on how she defended Kimi.'

Nejire was huffing, her eyes were red and her lips were quivering. Did he push her too far? Maybe he should have waited for a few more months…

Neji stared at her eyes apologetically. "Sis…"

"Hahh…"

"Do you hate me?"

"..." Nejire stopped briefly, a state of shock appearing on her face. "I- I would never. I just yelled a second ago that I love you, you idiot...."

Neji blinked. Of course, she doesn't. He knew. Je just wanted to hear it from her. "Ah, my choice of bad words. I meant to ask – do you hate something I did?"

Nejire frowned as her breathing started to calm down. "There are many things you did that I hate."

"Do you hate me for having a weird relationship with Kimi?"

This was time for Kimi to fall silent. She felt her throat die seeing the direction the talk was going. What if he says he wouldn't mind leaving her behind for Nejire…?

"No… Or maybe, I am not gonna tell you."

At first, Nejire wanted to say – No, I don't hate you. I just don't want to have an incestuous relationship – but she felt like being straightforward, being truthful.

"That's a yes."

"..."

Neji fell back on his seat. "Is there any way for me to redeem myself? Mind you, I am a really dense kid."

"..." she had an idea as she narrowed her eyes on him. "Will you be able to leave Kimi for me?"

Neji stilled.

"Sorry to break it to you – but this is not a harem-ecchi manga." Her breathing was even at this point as she stared at Neji with an unreadable look on her face. "And you're not a harem protagonist."

"..." Neji stayed silent. 

Because of the space created by the Orb of Silence, a creepy silence fell over the table.

Will he be able to leave Kimi for her, his Big Sister, who he loves so dearly?

'I...'

To begin with, Kimi was his rapist. Yes, he has indeed forgiven her and even entered a Master-Slave relationship – but he's not obliged to follow it, at all.

He is the master, he can break the chains and stop 'owning' her anytime. She can still work as a maid, Neji supposed Nejire would be fine with that. 

So…

Neji turned to Kimi with an indifferent look on his face. 

Kimi was visibly shaking. 

Sweat was covering her forehead as she stared at Neji with a hopeful look on her face. 

But… even her hopeful eyes started shaking as Neji looked at her with an apologetic look on his face. 

Sweat trailed down her cheeks as her eyes went red and teary.

She was regretting ever coming with them at all…