168: Eyy (2)

Chapter 168: Eyy (2)

Rumi had been running for the whole night, kicking villains from one city to another as she kept searching for the doppelganger Neji.

She interrogated some villains, showing them a picture of Neji and asking if they saw him or not but none of them seemed to have seen the boy.

Rumi was anxious.

Nervous that AFO might most likely have transformed back to his original appearance. That'd mean she had no way to find the doppelganger if he didn't show himself first. After all, she didn't know how this 'AFO' guy looked originally.

That's why when she came across 'Neji' in an alleyway, stealing quirks from a green-haired dead body that she thought she had seen before, her nervousness vanished.

Sheer anger dominated all her other emotions.

She waited and watched, to be absolutely certain that this really was a doppelganger... and unfortunately, Hawks was proven right.

That's when she attacked him and things escalated with her rising in the air, yelling how she would kill him as she drove down her leg on his head.

The villain easily dodged the attack, stepping away in an oddly 'Neji fashion' as he shrugged.

"Pro Hero Mirko, isn't it a bit too much for you to just... come and attack me? You know, I was simply hunting down some villains of this city who were hurting the poor civilians. Tsk, heroes these days, repaying kindness with such explosive attacks." The villain said, shaking his head disappointingly. "And here people call me the bad guy..."

"Then stop taking this form!" Rumi attacked him again with a yell. "If you're gonna commit crimes, then do it with your face! Stop being a doppelganger!"

"Ayy!" The doppelganger dodged again, absurdly easily despite Rumi's best try. "Why would I change this form anyway? Look at my face, it's an art. Then look here," he pulled up his shirt to reveal his well-defined abdomen. "Perfect, isn't it? Why would I change this form? More so, even my dic-"

"Shut up!" Rumi yelled before he could pull down his pants, her mind going overload as she tried to attack him again only to fail.

Something didn't feel right.

This was the infamous All for One? The nightmare of Japan's quirk society?

She's met too many weird villains in her life, so normally she wouldn't have been this surprised but-

Why did this guy talk exactly like Neji?

Heck, even the way he dodged was the same as Neji. Rumi fought him enough times to realise that.

"Hm?" The doppelganger hummed in a questioning tone, even as he dodged Rumi's attacks by ducking, stepping aside and jumping up. "Sloppy."

'This bastard.' Rumi went furious at that insult, stretching her body limits even more and attacking faster, stronger. But the man kept dodging casually.

"Why the hell are you dodging!? I didn't know the notorious The One is a fucking sissy!" Rumi roared, her leg shattering the ground while the doppelganger's eyes narrowed.

"You want me to fight properly?"

Rumi nodded immediately at the villain's words, grinning furiously. "Yeah, what's wrong? Don't tell me you can only dodge. Pussy."

The boy smiled, opening his mouth to speak but- he vanished before any words could come out.

'Huh?'