Chapter 38: 2nd Confession (1)

Chapter 38: 2nd Confession (1)

It's been a year and 3 months since that day when Nejire 'took over' Neji's decision-making capability.

According to her, since he was her younger brother – his life's decisions should be made by her.

Neji found all this very kinky. So his sister was this possessive…? Though it seems she herself didn't realise what exactly her words meant.

Nejire has always been the confident type, he recalled. In the school festival, when she was participating in the beauty tournament, her way with her words was proof of that.

Neji imagined that as nothing but pure confidence rather than a show of pride or arrogance since Nejire never showed any of those before, but it seems he was slightly wrong. Nejire is a pretty prideful girl if she believes he needs to abide by her words.

Well… luckily she’s his sister and not some other girl because that would have ended bedly.

Knowing what to do in a situation like this – Neji has been playing his chess pieces very carefully. 

Obeying all of her commands would give her the feeling of superiority but disobeying all of this outright would cause her to back off entirely. So he has to find a middle point and maintain that point for a while before striking her directly. 

Now, after more than a year of preservation, Neji believed it was time for a direct confrontation. 

So here he was, 

"Neji, I am going to go to our clothes shop in the middle of the city, you come with me." 

Nejire said, walking above the stairs.

Neji peeked from his book, tilting his head at her. 

"Is this a date?" He asked teasingly.

Since he has proved Nejire feels jealousy when he ignores her once already – there was no need to keep acting like that.

"Maybe… or maybe not." She giggled. "Just don't overvalue yourself, and judge it with your brain~"

After staring at her fleeting figure, Neji shrugged. Getting up from the couch, he walked towards his room to get ready.

A few minutes later, Nejire walked down the stairs meeting Neji who was wearing a purple t-shirt and black short pants. He didn't want to wear anything too much for a short shopping trip.

"You sure it's not a date?" Neji raised an eyebrow. "You look prepared. ”

Nejire wore an off-shoulder pink top and a black mini-skirt with blue stripes on it, along with black stockings reaching her upper thighs.

Nejire curled her lips. "As I said, you should judge it yourself."

Neji blinked - a little surprised that she wasn’t outright declining him. Just then, Nejire just walked towards him and yanked his arm, walking away with him. 

Outside Kimi was waiting in the car…

"Y'know, there are other drivers. Kimi should do her job as a maid too." Neji eyed Kimi, who deadpanned.