178: Uncertain Futures (1)

Chapter 178: Uncertain Futures (1)

AFO seemed to have aged 10 years these last few days.

First, it was convincing Hisashi that Neji's the culprit behind everything.

Second was finding out that Neji now had One-for-All along with a version of All-for-One.

Lastly, just a few minutes ago, he received the news from one of the spies in another country's PSC on the topic that– Japan was getting nuked in a day.

Three nuclear bombs would be launched at three calculated spots in Japan which should be enough to destroy the whole country.

AFO hadn't felt his blood boil this much in his entire two centuries of living.

Why were all his plans falling apart?!

-Bang!

He slammed the table, watching the computer screen shake, as he grunted.

"It's been two centuries... that's how long it has been since I wished for Japan to be under my control. I succeeded at last, after defeating that Nana, and became Japan's ruler behind the shadows– but that only lasted a short few years because of that bastard All Might. And now, again, I am about to lose my two-century worth of harvest because of that red-skinned bitch!"

'The red-skinned bitch'

Nawab, it was all going downhill because of her.

The infuriating part was that Nawab herself wasn't even taking part in this. It was just her right-hand, who AFO recalled to be weaker than his Prime self- unless she got stronger in the meantime.

That made things more frustrating, more infuriating. Nawab was the reason behind his sad life, in one way or another.

There's a reason why AFO never fled to another country after All Might appeared. Because he couldn't escape. He was threatened not to.

Why?

AFO didn't actually know why.

That Nawab just suddenly one day came to Japan around a century ago, then proceeded to beat the shit out of him and made him realise how strong she was compared to him. He was threatened to never leave Japan, adding that the day he did, he would die.

AFO had gained strength beyond anyone in the upcoming century, but even so, he always remembered that woman's strength- her inhumane destructive power and her godly speed that no human being should be able to match. So, even to this day, he never broke that "order".

He was planning to do so soon though.

He wanted to reach out and reach out for the greater world after taking over Shigaraki's body.

But then.

This happened.

All his plans just got ruined by a bucket of water.

Japan was supposed to be the "Core" of his upcoming Empire, but now that core was going to be destroyed. All his years of harvest were going to end.

"No... no, no, it doesn't matter. It really doesn't."

...Maybe it didn't matter.

He had Kurogiri, along with a few more teleportation quirks of his own. He could escape the nukes, of course. This meant he just had to go out and hide in another country ruled by one of his many super-villain friends. There, he will wait until Shigaraki is completed, then he will kill his so-called "super-villain friend" and reign supreme in that country.