129: Investigation (2)

Chapter 129: Investigation (2)

Izuku Midoriya has been living a hard life since he was attacked by Neji two weeks ago.

That attack damaged Izuku on a spiritual level, and while his master was able to heal a bit of that wound, he would need another two to three weeks to get back to his peak.

This was why he wasn't pushing his body too much because even moving around was painful. That was also the reason behind why he came last in the Battle Training that All Might took.

Fortunately, exams were close by so there weren't any noteworthy physical activities. This allowed Izuku a ton of free time on his hand, which Izuku spent reading books just enough to pass while doing small training that his body could still bear.

Everything was good until then, but today... Izuku was feeling weird. As if someone was following him.

Until he stepped inside the train, he could feel one... no, two pairs of eyes on the back of his neck. He had tried to locate the persons following him a few times, but he saw nobody. Literally, nobody.

Luckily, the stare was gone when he stepped onto the train.

However, there was a high chance that someone was indeed following him. But he didn't know anyone who needed to follow the "Midoriya from UA High". If his guess was right, the persons following were after "Midoriya, the suspect".

Izuku was 100% certain nobody knew his connection with the League, but he also knew anything was possible in this world. So he planned not to visit the League for a while, which wasn't exactly a problem as he didn't frequent that place either way. He usually contacted his master via the specially encrypted computer.

As Izuku had expected, when he stepped out of the train, he immediately felt eyes on him again.

He smartly tried to locate the culprit, by looking at mirrors, taking a selfie, and doing more things. He didn't directly turn around in case the suspects were alerted.

But no matter how much he tried, he just couldn't locate them.

In the end, he continued his way to his apartment where he and his mother lived happily and peacefully....

—★—

Neji was absolutely certain Izuku noticed him. He was acting too weird not to.

Though how did he do that exactly?

Izuku couldn't find him in the crowd, even though sometimes he was out in the open. Meaning, he felt his presence in some other way.

Was he just trained at this thing like that? Or was that one of his quirk's perks?

Neji didn't know, but he realised this mission won't go anywhere today.

Still, he kept following Izuku all the way to his house, which was a 30-story apartment building. Izuku lived on the 24th floor.

After that, Neji returned to his home.

—★—

That night,

"So, what did Ryukyu say?" Neji asked his older sister, who was sticking a pencil between the space of her nose and upper lip.

"Mhm? Oh, yeah that. I don't know man." Nejire shrugged, causing the pencil to almost fall, but she moved her body in a way to keep it up there. "Didn't you say Rumi told her everything? Of course, she's disappointed in you and doesn't want to meet you."

Neji released a soft breath. She had a point right there. Ryukyu wasn't willing to meet him. She might do it if he keeps pestering her, but that type of meeting won't end well.