102: Hero Name (2)

If you want to read 15+ chapters ahead, go here: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

Chapter 102: Hero Name (2)

Neji's current goal was to push Kimi towards her awakening while focusing on his own training as well.

Sparring with Kimi attained both of those. So for the next two days, Neji and Kimi kept fighting in the training hall.

Like right now.

A punch came flying towards his face as Neji's eyes blazed red.

In an instant, he activated EL and ducked down, barely dodging the attack.

Like this, he's been jumping into Eyes of the Lord whenever he was getting pushed in a corner, but sometimes even while EL could see her movements, Neji's body simply couldn't keep up.

In other words, he never won.

Nor did Kimi's tier change. 

The next punch came flying to Neji's solar plexus. He didn't receive much DMG, but it did hurt a lot as his back hit the wall of the hall again.

"Okay… stop…" Neji said, huffing. "I-i am done for today…"

In fact, following the movements shown by EL was tougher than taking her attacks head-on.

She wasn't physically any stronger than him, if he somehow grabbed her, the match was finished. But Kimi didn't give him the chance to grab her.

'And this is her after no training for 13 years. What the hell.'

Neji would put her in the Tier 7 category if he only counted speed.

Speed-wise, he doubted if even Hawks would be able to match her. For reference, Hawks was the fastest Hero in Japan currently, since All Might has weakened a lot.

"I hope you aren't hurt, young master…" Kimi said apologetically as she transformed back.

"I am fine…" Neji grabbed the bottle of water from beside him, gulped down the water, and sighed. "For the most part."

...

Next was curing her phobia.

On the night before school was supposed to start, Neji sat in his room with Kimi squeezed between him and Nejire.

"Um, why are we sitting like this…?"

"It's nothing, it's nothing. Don't worry, Kimi!!" Nejire hugged her side as Kimi's twitched in suspicion.

Before she could change her mind, Neji immediately played a gory horror movie on the TV.

The horror part didn't scare anyone, Nejire was instead getting curious and asking if ghosts were real or not since Magic apparently was. However at the gore part… Kimi lost consciousness in less than a minute.

She had first tried to run off from the room but Neji and Nejire from the two sides had kept her squeezed.

Only later did they realise it was a bad idea as Kimi started to vomit before losing her consciousness.

"...I am really sorry, I didn't think it was this serious."

Neji could only deeply apologise to her but she only waved her hand with an easy smile, saying she was completely fine.

Neji wasn't a therapist after all. He shouldn't have tried such a thing, and it might have even caused something worse to rise inside Kimi.

What if she formed a phobia where she hated him and Nejire?