139: Plans and Executions (4)

Chapter 139: Plans and Executions (4)

"Ugh..."

Izuku Midoriya grunted, slowly rising from the ground as looked around in confusion.

"What the heck?"

He was caught off guard seeing all the bodies hanging from the dead trees around him.

"The suicide forest...? No" He shook his head. "Is this a nightmare?"

Despite this looking way too realistic, Izuku still considered this a nightmare. Lucid dreams and lucid nightmares weren't unheard of, after all. To prove his point, the dead bodies looked half-transparent, like ghosts.

"Hahh..." Izuku sat on his butt, ignoring the gazes of the dead bodies with a shrug. "Am I unconscious? Did that Neji kid really kidnap me? Or was that part of this nightmare too?"

This was the scary part of lucid dreams and lucid nightmares. Sometimes, it's hard to distinguish reality from dreams.

"Goddamn irritating." Izuku rubbed his temple, shaking his head. Soon, he got an idea. "Hm... would entering my Astral Form get me out of this dream?"

That was indeed a possibility since entering Astral mode would mean his consciousness would jump out of his body, where his brain was creating this dream.

Deciding to do that, Izuku took a breath and activated his quirk. Immediately, a half-transparent copy of Izuku jumped out of his body while his physical copy limped down on the ground.

Though what Izuku wasn't expecting was–immediately after he entered his astral form, the dead bodies hanging from the trees leapt at him, the ghosts wearing long white clothes flew at him at a terrible speed. Their mouths widened, revealing their spikey teeth as some of them went for a bite, while some went to scratch him with their claws.

"Mghng?!" Izuku's eyes widened as one of the ghosts wrapped its hands around his mouth, while the others grabbed his limbs.

He released a few pulses of repulsion around here and there, but something like that couldn't even interact with these non-physical ghosts.

Izuku was merely left with his strength and was only hampering, yelling aloud as he struggled to free himself.

He didn't need to breathe here, but he still felt suffocated at the feeling of getting his mouth pressed. So instinctively he went for a bite on the ghost's hand. Shockingly, the ghost stopped moving and went limp which allowed Izuku to shake it off him.

The other ghosts noticed but they weren't intelligent enough to care and kept pulling Izuku's limbs in every direction, some biting and scratching him too.

It took Izuku a moment to realise how he managed to paralyse the first ghost. Stain's Quirk, mixed with his Astral Form, gave him the ability to paralyse these non-physical beings. The change here was, the ghosts couldn't bleed, but that was a good change since from the looks of it Izuku only had to lick their outer skin to paralyse them.

Grunting, Izuku endured the pain of getting his arms bitten, his legs scratched, and all four of his limbs pulled as if they were being torn apart. He instead moved his neck to somehow lick the ghost closest to him, who went limp and floated stiffly before Izuku shook it off.

Hope returned to his eyes and he went to do the same onto the others harming him.

It took him a long minute before he lessened the number of ghosts to only three. He was about to finish them off too, but right then he heard the sound of bones crackling with each other.