151: Growth

Chapter 151: Growth

'Even though I don't like her, this is great.' Kimi couldn't help but smile as she walked behind Neko.

She was present at the fight with the White Tiger , so she knew how strong and dangerous these 'Mythical' beasts were. But if Neji and Kurai's fusion could defeat a creature of a similar level in a minute, she might as well have a solid chance against that Dragon.

As Kimi stepped into the borders of the monster village, she noted that the villagers had surrounded the centre's residence, wielding weapons in their hands.

Mursha was in the lead, standing on the door as she nervously glared inside the house.

"Reveal your identities! Who are you?!"

She was clearly talking to Nejire and Momo, and she along with her people looked pretty anxious that there were two human-looking creatures within their King's house.

There was a solid chance that those two were high humans too, and on top of that they might as well be enemies since Neji himself was nowhere to be seen and they even saw their Queen being blown out of the village.

Meanwhile some of the monsters were running to the spot where Kimi was thrown, therefore they came face to face with Neko and stopped on their tracks.

"A-another Demi?!"

An orc cried, grabbing his weapon.

"Guys, be careful! She attacked the Queen! She must be an enemy!"

The few ogres and orcs wielded their weapons, preparing to face Neko who was walking towards them, but they simply stayed on their spots as Neko walked past them.

"Ah..."

They stood dumbfounded and Kimi also walked past them with an awkward smile.

"Don't worry, she's not an enemy."

They kept standing there while the two Demis soon reached the center's residence and Neko finally stopped tossing the red orb in the air, and instead opted to put it in her inventory.

"Oi Mursha, make way."

Neko spoke, her voice calm but it was demanding. Mursha immediately turned to face her and flinched back the moment her eyes came into contact with the slit, cat-like purple eyes.

"Who are you-"

"I told you to make way."

Mursha couldn't finish her words before a dome of Mana burst out of Neko to loom over the whole village like a hungry titan.

Mursha's eyes rolled backward, along with everyone else present—except for Kimi and the girls inside the house—as they immediately fell on their knees in front of the sheer pressure.

"W-what is with this mana?!"

The monsters cried, but Neko simply stayed on her spot, her hands in her pockets as she looked down on them.

"Um," it was Kimi who pulled her by the sleeves softly. "They're your people you know, I don't think you should treat them like this."

Neko gave her a stare and scoffed, releasing the pressure instantly.

Of course, Neko wasn't a fool. She wouldn't do anything that'd make things difficult for either Neji or Kurai, as she was them in the end. She acted like this just to demonstrate her Mana, which the monsters will assume came from Neji after she reveals her identity. After all, they've been thinking Neji has a great amount of mana, enough that they can't even sense it. But he has never actually shown any mana technique they were familiar with. One day, they might get suspicious, but today's demonstration would push that date a bit further.