135: Promise? (3)

If you want to read 15+ chapters ahead, go here: patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 135: Promise? (3)

"This floor only has the hoodies that you're currently wearing, why are you here anyway?" Neji said to Ryuko while walking towards the elevator.

Ryukyu was wearing a green hoodie and jeans, and because of her hair, she looked like a gloomy hikikomori.

"Well, pardon me for only wearing hoodies," said Ryuko while stepping inside the elevator behind Neji. "Where are we going?"

Neji pressed a floor number in the elevator and answered, "To where we can find clothes for women."

Ryuko silently thought over his words. Did she not look womanly wearing this...?

She felt a bit... bitter hearing that.

Was this why he never approached her even though he slept with Rumi in a single meeting after meeting?

While she wailed on her mind, the elevator had already reached the 69th floor as the door parted with a clink.

"We're here," said Neji and walked out before stepping to the side to let Ryuko pass through.

"Hmmm," Ryuko looked around. "I thought you were bringing me to a floor filled with swimsuits and undergarments. Hmm, this doesn't look so bad."

Around her were normal clothes, hanging from either shelves or mannequins.

When Ryuko was looking around, her focus somewhere else, a few employees immediately noticed Neji and were about to run at him, but with a gesture, he told them to stop, pointing at Ryukyu with a wink.

The employees looked shocked, their thoughts being 'Wait, doesn't he already have a girlfriend?'. But they weren't brave enough to say anything and simply bowed and backed off.

"Hm?" Ryuko turned to Neji, tilting her head. "Did you say something?"

"Nope, not at all." Neji shook his head. "Anyway, let me pick a dress for you."

Ryuko bobbed her head and followed Neji as he walked to a shelf. He squinted at the clothes carefully, touching and feeling them with his hands before he took out a khaki dress.

"Try this out," Neji said, reaching his hand out. "You don't mind, right? This isn't a revealing one."

Ryuko accepted the wool coat and observed it for a while.

"Hm... Well, this doesn't look bad. Okay, let me try it on."

Neji smiled and pointed it at the changing room, where she walked in and came out 3 minutes later.

"How do I look?" With a small blush, Ryukyu put one of her arms on her waist and looked at Neji.

She wore a khaki long coat made of wool, spread over her chest but hugging her waist tightly, it reached just above her knees, below which her smooth thighs peeked out.

Neji smiled at her. "Elegant like a lady. Those saggy clothes don't do you justice, Ryukyu."

"Mhm..." Ryukyu smiled softly at that, rubbing the back of her arm.

'He certainly has a way with his words...'

"Alright then, I like it too," Ryuko observed her body in a mirror. "Then I will take it. You have good fashion sense, Neji."

Neji shrugged his shoulders. "Blame my mother."

Ryuko giggled softly at that and Neji laughed too.

He then picked another cloth, and Ryukyu tried it too. It was a short wool coat that she wore over a black t-shirt coupled with a short wool skirt of the same khaki colour.