Chapter 20: Know your place (2)

Back to the Hotel,

Kimi waited on the bed, her eyes locked at the endless horizon outside the window.

It has been a day since Neji had gone out... more than 24 hours...

She hasn't slept a second since last night, so her eyelids were heavy. Her whole body was cold out of nervousness, starting from her forehead.

Every night, Neji is supposed to call Gara before sleep, but yesterday since he didn't, Gara called instead. Kimi couldn't help but pick up the call, because if she didn't, Gara would have surely sent people to come here and check.

Luckily, she somehow made it seem like the internet was bad, and Neji had already fallen asleep. She somehow managed to lie it out.

The only problem was, this excuse won't work a second time. So she prayed that Neji would return before tonight. She had no clue where he went and where he was right now, she hoped nothing bad had happened to him.

She was already guilty enough. If anything happened to him, she wouldn't be able to contain her guilt.

Abruptly, her ears twitched. The sound of constant blasts entered her ears. She turned her head to the window as the figure of a small dazzling silver-haired boy entered her vision.

BoOom-!

In an instant, the figure blasted through the window, reached and kicked the wall on the opposite side of the room, and landed on the ground swiftly.

He barely dusted his chest with a slightly surprised Kimi on the bed. It was rare for 10-year-olds to have such control over their quirks.

Ignoring it, Kimi observed his body instead as questions popped up in her head. He wasn't wearing the same clothes he was wearing before. He also seemed slightly taller, though barely noticeable.

But what relieved her was the fact that he looked neat, not even a scratch on his body. So he wasn't attacked by anyone.

'That's good.'

Meanwhile, seeing her stare, her eyes running by his body, Neji clicked his tongue. "Tsk. Why are you looking at my body like that? Planning to ràpe me again?"

Kimi lowered her head listening to him. She didn't say anything and just stayed silent, waiting for another snarky remark.

"Bring me food." Surprisingly, he didn't add anything else. "I am hungry."

-

'She needs to suffer for at least a few months, if not more. I need to bend her mind in the meanwhile.'

Neji stared at her back while Kimi walked out of the room with her slouched back.

'Only when that happens, would I give her a chance to redeem herself.'

He did say if she had a good enough reason, he would forgive her. But he wouldn't let her explain herself anytime soon. She needs to at least suffer some sort of consequences. Tolerating some snarky remarks along with a slightly harsher tone should be pretty tame.

Though what he liked was that she didn't try to 'explain' things to him by herself. This proved she had at least some form of guilt inside her.

Moving on, other than Kimi, there was another single problem.

Neji sat down on the soft bed with his eyes locked on the morning sky outside the window.

The trip to Mount Fuji was supposed to last for 10 days. 4 days have already passed. "Since there is a 30 days cooldown for each dungeon, wasting 6 days staying here would be pointless."