Chapter 21: Wow...? (1)

Chapter 21: Wow…? (1)

——

A super intriguing loot was dropped by the final boss of the Ice Elf dungeon. Remember that shining golden fruit that my eyes brushed past?

[•Fruit of the God Tree (lowest-rank): A fruit ripened in the God Tree worshipped by Ice Elves.

Being at the lowest rank, this only has a few aptitudes it can grant! Currently, it can boost the eater's life essence, expand their mana pool, and heighten their general senses. If used on a beast – along with the previous benefits, there is a high chance for the said beast to evolve and become a Divine Beast!]

A very interesting item that can help me tremendously.

I have heard about the God Tree of the Elves, they are pretty common in every fantasy novel that includes Elves within it. It is said the fruit of this God tree can give many miraculous powers, which appears to have been true.

To start with, if I eat the fruit – by improving my life essence, I can live at least as long as the Elves (assuming from the fact that this item did drop from an actual Elf). Other than that, the general sense boost is a good power-up too.

Overall, this should be a great item. The system even said this is so rare that I might not even find something similar in any of the dungeons in Japan. Sadly, my level was too low at the time of conquering the dungeon, so the fruit is of the lowest ranking.

Back to the point,

Even with all these benefits, I shouldn't eat this fruit. That would be too much of a waste.

Suppose I did get a boost at my lifespan, how would that matter if Gods come to hunt me in more or less 20 years? That's a pointless powerup if I get killed by them.

Secondly, the other benefit, "the item would boost the mana pool of the user-" is fucking useless for me. I don't actually believe this thing would be able to bypass the curse of that Primordial God.

The only benefit is the sense boost, but honestly? It's not worth it.

The best thing to do would be to give this to someone I trust, instead. The first name that came to my mind was Nejire. By having a life essence like Elves, which may even give the eater a body like Elves too, Nejire would get tremendous help in her quirk. Heck, if she gets her mana pool expanded thus unlocking mana, I might even be able to make her learn magic.

But, again, honestly? While that was good, that would still not be the greatest use of the fruit. The greatest use of the fruit would be to use it and get a Divine Beast through it!

So! Believe it or not, there is another reason behind the adoption of a stray cat other than Kurai being a complete cutie.

I was planning to beg Dad to buy me a Lion or a Tiger, then use the fruit on it. Maybe I could have gotten a White Tiger as my pet? Would have been nice, but–

–But after meeting Kurai, I asked the system to confirm my suspicion .

[Ding! As long as the creature you're using the fruit of belongs to the Feline family, even a cat can become a White Tiger. That's not an issue. Same goes with the Canidae family.