Chapter 69: USJ Incident (4)

Izuku was in his Astral form when Neji did his <November Fifth>. He had freaked out and immediately created a barrier of repulsion energy around his unconscious body, however, that was pointless because Neji's next shockwave caused all the shards of glass to fly far. Izuku's body was just above the floor from where Neji was fighting, very close, so the glasses were flown far from him too. 

Now that he was safe, he couldn't help but… stare down at the boy in silver with wide rage-filled eyes. 

"This bastard…"

Was Kacchan safe from this assault? If something happened to Kacchan… actually this Neji was already on his kill list the moment he hurt Kacchan in Battle Training. 

Izuku stared at the boy lying on his back drinking something from a small bottle. He blinked seeing the boy's swollen face, bloody lips and broken nose, slowly healing as if they never existed in the first place. But the leftover strain of blood made sure all this wasn't a hallucination.

'Healing Quirk?'

No, it wasn't a quirk. He drank something, Izuku has seen it before too, Neji tried to drink the same thing two times before as well. 

'Such advanced medicine… must be made from someone's quirk.'

Next, he drank another potion,  a green one. And this seemed to replenish his stamina. Izuku still couldn't figure out where exactly Neji took out these potions from. If they were in his pockets, they would have been crushed because of the fight. A frown crept on Izuku's ghostly face. 

'This guy…'

There was a veil of mystery around him. A shaky grin appeared on Izuku's face. He can't kill this kid yet, he would capture him instead. After torturing him for a few months, after he would gauge out all his secrets, only then would he kill him, kill him in the most painful way.

Then Izuku's eyes widened. Neji splashed water on his eyes, again a bottle that he pretended to pick from the ground but it clearly appeared out of nowhere. After that, a truly shocking thing unfolded. A sphere of golden energy, his shockwave Izuku deduced, formed around Neji's fists. It was shining, it was beautiful, and it was destructive. Izuku only decided on the third aspect after Neji jumped in the air and punched at the Nomu-1's beak-like mouth, causing a web of white to spread on the Nomu's body and shattering its beak into pieces as the Nomu staggered a step back.

The punch was clearly strong, but the violent power it had… it wasn't natural.

It was the power of destruction. 

Deku had a plan today, a plan that was to catch All Might off guard in case the Nomus failed. However, it seems… he needs to intervene before All Might reaches this place.

—★—

Crack!

Neji's first strike caused the sound of shattering glass to trek out. It was overwhelmingly satisfying, that sound. 

[500 DMG!]

500 DMG might not sound that much, but the Nomus' had shock absorption quirks, so the damage was many times less than it should have been against a normal opponent.

Before he could do the 2nd attack, the Nomu-2 swung its punch at his face, Neji didn't dodge the attack, and instead confronted the punch head-on with his own punch after he coated his other fist in shockwave too.

Neji had his Eyes of the Lord activated, it had turned Level 2 in the middle of the last fight, but his eyes were too injured to try them to its fullest. But now that he took a health potion, he could tell the changes. Other than the fact that it showed the best ways to attack, not weak points, but projectories that have the highest chances of hitting, he could also sense that the strain in his eyes was lower than before. Now, his eyes weren't just reading to dodge, but it was also looking for the best way to attack, so having less strain than before was more crucial than one might think.