Chapter 95: Sports Festival (9)

The match after the next match was between Neji and Todoroki, and so Momo didn't return to the seats of Class 1-A and instead headed back to the waiting room where she found Neji.

"Oh, hey~ If it isn't my favourite snowflake." Neji waved his hand from his seat while Momo sighed under her breath.

Neji just shrugged his shoulders seeing her sigh. "Hey, I am joking. It was a good match, you did better than I thought you would."

Momo walked to him and crawled on top of his lap, pointing her finger at her forehead.

"You know, I am quite smarter than before, right? I knew I would lose without you telling me, so yeah, I expected it all."

Neji leaned back on the chair with Momo on his lap.

"Hm, I guess. It's basically <Hivemind>, isn't it? So even if your previous intelligence hasn't suddenly expanded, you are certainly better at reaching conclusions and creating theories. It's as if dozens of Momos are inside one, huh."

"Yees!" Momo exclaimed in relief. "I tried to explain it to Mom, but she just wouldn't get it!"

Neji frowned immediately. "Wait, you told your mother about your Quirk Growth?"

Instantly Momo flinched and looked the other way. "I-I... that..."

After a while, she grumbled while biting down on her lower lip. "I am sorry... I was lost in thoughts when she suddenly asked what's wrong. She is really good at pursuing me, so I was forced to say that my quirk grew after minutes of talking."

Neji deadpanned. "You didn't tell her about the potion... right?"

She rapidly shook her head. "No, no, I didn't! You told me not to. I can hold on to that at least!"

'Well, I told you not to tell anyone about the Quirk Growth either.' Neji thought in his mind, sighing.

Only Nejire's changes are what would be visible to the naked eye, as she now had a somewhat Super Strength and more durable body. But Momo's wasn't something that anyone would be able to guess unless she blatantly said so herself.

If news goes out that the people around Neji are suddenly growing stronger, stronger than most heroes even, then someone like Principal Nezu would surely get suspicious.

He would be certain Neji has more of those magical potions.

Looking at her guilty face, Neji sighed deeply. "Girl, you'd someday get me into big trouble, y'know. You better learn to hide things from your mother, or we would someday get fucked."

She nodded swiftly with an apologetic look on her face. "I will think of something... don't worry."

Neji stared at her for another few seconds before patting her head softly.

'Why does someone like her have such low common sense.'

It never failed to astonish Neji.

—★—

The next match was between Tetsutetsu and Bakugo, Neji and Momo didn't go there in person and just saw the fight happen in the Monitor in the waiting room.

It was an interesting fight as Bakugo could quite literally melt Tetsutetsu's body if he gets the chance to land enough blows, but at the same time, Tetsutetsu would win the moment he gets a hold of Bakugo.

So it was a cat-and-mouse game, but in the end, Bakugo won as expected.

Then, at last, the battle between the top 4 started.