Chapter 29: Something is Wrong (1)

Gara was sitting on the couch with a piece of cloth in her hand where multiple needles were dancing, weaving a beautiful texture.

Meanwhile,

-Tic Tak Tic Tak Tic Tak~

The sound of a console being tapped on was filling the room as Neji kept playing this world’s version of CSGO, sitting on the floor.

Neji wore a casual black t-shirt and purple pants, with a bracelet fastened around his wrist and a blue earring in his left ear. His parents thought their son suddenly had a knack for jewellery, but only Neji knew how useful these "Items" were.

“Game!”

Doing the last kill, he tossed the controller in the air and clapped his hands.

Catching the controller again, he released a relieved breath while falling on his back.

Thud-

[All FPS game Proficiency: 96%]

A gamer system should have such a cheat, right? Maybe.

Doing a mental command to swipe the notification away from his retina, Neji heaved another sigh.

It was fun being so good at games that even a hacker would hide from you. This was true stress-relieving material.

Neji closed his eyes, resting for a while.

A minute later, Aiko appeared at the door of the room. He has seen Neji playing games just a while ago, so he asked,

“Son, are you win-” He stopped midway, blinking at the Monitor attached on the wall. “Wait, you already won? Good, good. You remind me of your mother in her early days.”

Neji, who was lying on his back, opened his eyes and turned his head towards him, “Mom?”

Aiko smirked. "You don't know? Your mom was a game addict before our marriage-"

Gara, who was sitting on the couch behind Neji snapped. "Honey!!"

Nonetheless, Aiko continued.

"In fact, she gamed all day when she was pregnant with Nejire, saying how she was bored since I didn't allow her to work."

Neji raised an eyebrow, "Really? Wow."

"I know right? Here, see this." Aiko, then you took out his phone, scribbled on it for a second, and threw it at Neji who caught it.

"H- Honey!" Gara got up from her seat, running towards the phone, but Neji's eyes were already locked on the screen.

[Image Here]