35

Chapter 35 The greatness of maternal love

  No matter how those people plan to deal with Tong Qian, they can't affect him for the time being.

  Wang Pingping's rice balls have gradually become famous and have a regular customer base. From the beginning of losing money and making money, to now breaking even, it can be regarded as the first step for any entrepreneur.

  The most noteworthy thing is that when the three children asked for help, Wang Pingping flatly refused.

  For her, nothing could delay her children from going to school. She was the one who supported the small rice ball business.

  Starting a business is indeed very hard. Wang Pingping has to get up at three or four o'clock every morning, prepare the ingredients for rice balls, hitch the cart, and pull the heavy cart like a hard-working cattle, in a sleepy world. Hard walk.

  After the day's work was over, she walked twenty miles back to Daya Village. When you get home, you can't rest. You have to steam glutinous rice, wash vegetables, cut vegetables... often you can't go to bed until 11 or 12 o'clock at night.

  Today, Wang Pingping has not come back.

  Tong Qian looked at the clock on the wall. It was already seven o'clock in the evening, long past the time for Wang Pingping's return.

  "I'll go out and take a look."

  Tong Qian couldn't help but worry. He turned around and said to his sister. When he stepped out of the house, Zhou Mingyan caught up with him and held his hand, "I'll go with you."

  "Don't worry too much. Auntie may have been tripped by something. If not, we can just walk down the road. We can always meet her."

  The two children walked out of the village for a long time without seeing Wang Pingping. Tong Qian bit his lip, his thoughts were racing, and his hands could not help but tremble slightly.

  "Well," Tong Qian nodded heavily, both in response to Zhou Mingyan and to comfort himself, "Mom is such an old person, nothing will happen to her."

  The weather in March had a big difference in temperature between day and night. Tong Qian forgot to take his clothes when he went out. Seeing that his little hands and face were cold, Zhou Mingyan took off his coat and forced Tong Qian to put it on.

  "I'm not cold," Tong Qian refused, "You better keep dressed."

  "I'm thinking about myself." Zhou Mingyan insisted on putting the clothes on him, "We sleep together every night. If you catch a cold, can I run away?"

  Zhou Mingyan always makes sense.

  Tong Qian had no choice but to put on his clothes.

  There were no watches at home, so the two of them only took a flashlight when they went out. The weak light was like a beacon in the dark night, illuminating the road ahead from a distance.

  I don't know how long I walked, but suddenly there was a sound of "wheel, wheel, wheel" in front of me, like a tire carrying heavy objects rolling across the ground.

  "Mom——, Mom——, is it you——!"

  In order to be brave, Tong Qian simply shouted loudly.

  Soon, an echo came from not far away, "Baby?"

  With doubts, blurred by the cold wind, it was indeed Wang Pingping's voice.