96

Chapter 96 Shock

  "Baby...baby..."

  There were intermittent sounds in my ears, which seemed to be coming from a very faraway place.

  Tong's subconscious was not clear, and he thought vaguely: "Is Zhou Mingyan waking me up again?"

  He hasn't slept enough yet.

  Tong Qian waved his hands irritably, wanting to ask me to sleep a little longer, but he could only murmur slightly.

  The movement was very small, but it made those who had been paying attention to him cry with joy.

  "He's awake! The baby is awake!" Wang Pingping cried directly.

  Zhou Mingyan half-knelt beside Tong Qian who was lying on the bed, staring closely at the pale child with a pair of dark eyes.

  Tong Weiguo's heart suddenly dropped. He turned around and ran to the door of Wang Pingping's house to look around: "Just wake up. I'll go see if the doctor is here."

  At this time, the sudden heavy rain had turned into moderate rain. Although the ground was muddy and difficult to walk on, it was not like before that it was impossible to get out.

  From a distance, he saw Zhao Li running towards this side.

  It was a little strange at first that Zhao Li came back alone, but when he got closer, he discovered that the village doctor, who was over sixty years old, was lying on Zhao Li's back.

  Tong Weiguo quickly raised his umbrella to greet him. The village doctor got off the ground and without caring about anything else, he entered the room and shouted: "Get out of the way! Don't get together!"

  Of course, everyone obeyed the doctor's words. Only Zhou Mingyan completely ignored it and still held Tong Qian's hand.

  The village doctor frowned: "You will delay the condition."

  Zhou Mingyan seemed to have just reacted and left Tong Qian slightly: "Sorry."

  Tong Weiguo saw that Zhao Li was dripping with water, and knew that he was trying to save people without even using an umbrella, so he quickly took out a towel and started wiping his head.

Zhao Li was stunned for a moment, and an imperceptible blush appeared on his dark face. He hurriedly pulled the towel from Tong Weiguo's hand: "...I'll do it myself."

  Tong Weiguo also went with him.

  For some reason, Zhao Li felt a little disappointed in his heart.

  In order to ignore this inexplicable psychology, he coughed lightly and asked, "Is Tong Qian okay?"

  "The baby just woke up," Tong Weiguo glanced at the people gathered around the bed and couldn't help but feel lucky: "Fortunately, it was discovered early."

  It rained heavily in the morning. Tong Weiguo remembered that the quilts had been dried at home in the morning, and there was no one at home today. He was worried that the quilts would be completely soaked, so he told his superiors that he wanted to go home.

  He was the team leader and performed well, so the leader quickly agreed.

  On the way home in the rain, I had to pass near a pond.

  What was originally a casual glance made him tremble with fear.

  He seemed to see someone in the pond!