62

Chapter 62 The gap between people

  After school, Tong Qian mysteriously told Zhou Mingyan this gossip.

  "Really?" Zhou Mingyan's eyes widened.

  Tong Qian sighed in frustration, "Don't pretend to be surprised...it's so fake."

  Zhou Mingyan put away his pretentious look and said nonchalantly, "I want to give you a pat on the back. As for those unrelated people, as long as they don't come against us, it's none of our business what kind of disputes they have."

  Tong Qian thinks about this too.

  He was just watching Liu Chunhua and Zhao Xueyi's misfortune and gloating from the sidelines.

  Originally, he wanted to share this good news with his mother, but after Zhou Mingyan said this, he remained silent.

  In fact, even if she said it, Wang Pingping would probably just laugh it off.

  She has been very busy recently. The lunch box business is booming, and the rice ball stall has not been left behind. She is busy with both hands. She and Xu Jia are just two people, and they are almost overwhelmed.

  In this way, Wang Pingping still insists on going back and forth between the village and the county every day. When she comes back in the evening, she has to cook and cook the next day's meals to ensure that the children can eat fresh meals.

  So she had to work until early in the morning every day before she could sleep. The next day, before dawn, she had to rush to the county seat. Within a few days, she felt very haggard.

  The children felt sorry for her and fought hard to get the right to cook for themselves.

  With his brilliant tongue, Tong Qian successfully persuaded Wang Pingping to let her live directly in the house rented by Xu Jia, eliminating the hard work of traveling back and forth.

  When the only adult in the family is gone, the children are like mice emerging from their holes, free and undisciplined.

  As soon as Tong Qian got home, he threw off his schoolbag, kicked off his shoes, and fell down on the homemade sofa.

  Tong Pan'er silently picked up the shoes thrown at the door, arranged them neatly, then went to the kitchen, cooked a pot of rice, put on the dishes Wang Pingping had prepared in advance, and then squatted down and started to light the fire.

  Tong Qian happened to come to the kitchen to look for water, and couldn't help but blush when he saw this scene.

  Although they are siblings in name, Tong Qian feels that he has been reborn and should take on the responsibility of taking care of Tong Pan'er, who is much younger than him. But what about now?

  In fact, Tong Paner was not as sensible as she is now.

  In the past, whenever Wang Pingping went to work in the fields, she would leave her young son to her sister, Tong Paner, to take care of her.

  One time, Tong Pan'er lost track of time while playing with her friends outside. Tong Qian, who had just learned to crawl, wanted to drink water and reached for a hot thermos bottle. As a result, the water bottle fell over and the child was so scalded by the boiling water that he cried loudly. When they came to the neighbor, the neighbor called Wang Pingping and Tong Weilong. Wang Pingping didn't say anything to blame, and took her son to see a doctor. However, Tong Weilong became furious and beat Tong Pan'er black and blue.