71

Chapter 71 Sudden Resignation

  To be fair, Tong Qian's impression of Zhao Li was not bad.

  Although this man looked like a gangster on the street and was ruthless in his methods, he twice attacked and taught Tong Qian's enemies a lesson.

  The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and Tong Qian is alone. If there is a ruthless character like Zhao Li to support him, their family will not be bullied so miserably.

  Wang Pingping brought her children here to play. On the other hand, she also wanted to see if the farmer's market could do business.

  The management here is far from as standardized as that of later generations. Sewage flows across the river and the smell is unpleasant.

  Especially in summer, all kinds of ingredients are mixed together and will rot if left for a long time. It is difficult for ordinary people to endure being immersed in such an air for a long time.

  After large-scale protests by surrounding residents last year, the county government decided to transform the farmers' market on the west side.

  Digging drainage ditches, cleaning up garbage, and renovating stalls were all a big project for Lin Lin.

  The contractor who took on this task recruited many workers from all directions.

  But the construction company responsible for this project is obviously more willing to spend money than the one at Sky Tower.

  Not only was the meal provided, but food was also provided. The cook was from the county and her cooking skills were above average, but it was delicious enough for the workers.

  "It seems there is no room for the lunch box business to flourish here." Wang Pingping regretted.

  Tong Qian shrugged. Normal construction sites would provide food and accommodation, but only a few people like the Sky Tower did not provide food. After all, so many people eat out, and the expenses are not high.

  Rather than fixating on a construction site, look beyond nearby factories and office buildings.

  Although units usually have their own canteens these days, there are always people who can't get used to it, and these people are potential customers.

  Tong Qian has confidence in his mother's skills. As long as she is given a chance to play, she will definitely be able to show off her talents.

  Wang Pingping went back to do some calculations and found that the money she had saved from selling rice balls was enough to last for a while, so she felt relieved.

  She discussed with Xu Jia that the top priority was to develop the lunch box market in order to start a business.

  For the next few days, the two people ran around outside, trying to find a suitable place to set up a stall.

  The county is so big, and there are only so many places where stalls can be set up. After conducting on-site inspections one by one, we found that there are difficulties to varying degrees.

  Finally, Wang Pingping decided to settle down at the intersection connecting the county government office building and the family home.

  The county government office building is a rare and elegant building in this era. It has five floors. Everyone from leaders to ordinary civil servants work in this building.

  And people who can work here are definitely wealthier than ordinary county residents, and are willing to spend more money to improve their quality of life.