104

Chapter 104 New life, new beginning

  Wang Pingping has only been to Jinghai City twice in her life.

  One time she bought something big when she got married, and the other time she took Tong Qian to see a doctor.

  Her impression of the city was one of prosperity.

  There are countless high-rise buildings, neatly planned streets, and buses that I have never seen before.

  However, in contrast, the cost of living in this city is also very high. A handful of vegetables can be sold for 10 cents, and taking a bus costs 5 cents for the cheapest one.

  The last time I took Tongqian to see a doctor, the round trip transportation and medical expenses cost me 30 yuan.

  Such high prices make Wang Pingping, a peasant woman accustomed to poverty, not feel afraid.

  Zhou Mingyan analyzed it for her bit by bit.

  "The food industry we are currently engaged in does not require advanced technology. Just like the dishes you cook, our taste is similar to what chefs in high-end restaurants make. We are in the rice ball business, and they imitate it; we make box lunches. Business, can't it be imitated?"

  The reason why they haven't followed suit yet is because everyone is from the same village, so they are too embarrassed to let Wang Pingping come to their door.

  But the incident of passing by the entrance of the ancestral hall fully demonstrated the greed of others.

  They can force Wang Pingping to hand over the secret recipe today, and they can still play this trick no matter what business they do in the future.

  Wang Pingpingping is alone and can only be bullied.

  But it's different in a big city. At least it's impossible to chase and bully Wang Pingping.

  Wang Pingping had to admit that her heart was moved.

  But the fear of a strange city still made her hesitate.

  At this moment, Tong Qian leaned into her ear and said something.

  "Mom, let's go to Jinghai City. The principal said that brother Mingyan is so smart. Only in a big city can he fully develop his talents. We can't delay him."

  In the small Daya Village, all the teachers were unable to teach Zhou Mingyan and could only let him study on his own. It was probably the same situation if he went to school in the county.

  Tong Qian didn't want Zhou Mingyan to waste his time on questions that he had already known for a long time, and let this top student from the top university have to humiliate himself and pretend to be an ordinary genius who could only solve high school questions.

  Wang Pingping has been interacting with people in government buildings these days and has always heard them emphasize the importance of education.

  There are many people inside who are trying their best to send their children to better schools.

  The county's No. 1 Middle School, which Wang Pingping thought was very good, seemed to them to have poor educational quality, and the best schools were concentrated in Jinghai City.

  Isn't it that what she works so hard for is to give her children a better future?

  She cannot delay the children because of her cowardice.