73

Chapter 73 The right candidate

  Although it has been several years, looking back now, it still feels like it happened yesterday.

  At that time, after some things happened, the relationship between Tong Qian and Zhou Mingyan became better and better.

  On the surface, Tong Qian always treats Zhou Mingyan like a generous guest. In private, the two have long been brothers and are very close.

  But no matter how good the relationship is, they are still not brothers.

  It makes no sense for your brother to pay for it when your mother is sick.

  Tong Qian put aside his thoughts of borrowing money from Zhou Mingyan, and paid his mother's high medical expenses with all his strength.

  Tong Qian has never been so tired since he started to enter the society in junior high school.

  At most, he worked three jobs a day. He went around selling products during the day, worked in bars at night, and had to take over the rental business at three or four in the morning.

  Once I get busy, I don't even have time to eat. Often the whole day goes by and I only remember to eat one meal.

  His iron-clad body couldn't bear such a torment, let alone Tong Qian, who had never been in good health.

  Soon, he lost weight and finally, one night while serving drinks to the guests at the bar, he couldn't hold on anymore and fell down.

  Zhou Mingyan was not there that night, but he was always paying attention to Tong Qian's condition. If something happened to his front leg, someone would report the situation to him on his back leg.

  Zhou Mingyan dropped everything and hurried to Tong Qian's residence to take him to the hospital.

  Tong Qian didn't want to.

  He raised a pale smile: "I've seen it at the doctor before. He said he is overtired and needs a good rest."

  Zhou Mingyan rarely got angry: "Have a good rest? Are you willing? Are you willing to give up your three jobs!"

  Tong Qian was shocked: "How did you know I worked three jobs?"

  Facing Tong Qian who clumsily changed the subject, Zhou Mingyan said nothing and only stared at him quietly with a pair of dark phoenix eyes.

  In just a few seconds, Tong Qian was defeated. He muttered, "I'm afraid of you now," and pushed Zhou Mingyan to sit down on the old wooden bed.

  In order to save money, Tong Qian lived in a shared apartment in the basement. The environment was dark and humid, and was very small. He used a public toilet and could only fit a bed.

  Fortunately, he was thin. The small half of the 1.8-meter bed against the wall was filled with clothes and miscellaneous items. He usually only slept on the remaining half of the bed.

  Such a small space seems overcrowded when two adults sit down at once.

  Tong Qian leaned on the quilt and scratched his head: "Now that you know everything, I'm not polite. Can you... lend me some money?"

  Even with his shamelessness, it was still difficult to say that he wanted to borrow money.

  He has a playful smile on his face and looks like he doesn't care about anything. In fact, he has a very strong self-esteem, otherwise he would not rather work without sleeping than ask for a loan.