Kili- Injury (c)

Once you were far enough away from Mirkwood, you saw that you needed to stop to check on Kili and make sure that he was okay. No one wanted to stop as danger would just catch up, but he had been shot by an arrow and you weren't about to let him die because everyone was set on going ahead and not waiting for a moment.

Whilst everyone else grumbled, you and Fili rushed to Kili and helped him lay down on the ground so that you could inspect the wound. You weren't a healer nor well equipped to handle such an injury but you were willing to improvise to keep him alive until you were able to find someone that knew what they were doing to help him.

"It looks bad," Fili stated.

Not only was the wound deep and ripped from the arrow but the skin around it was starting to turn black.

"The tip was poisoned," you sighed. "I have no idea with what and I have no idea how to fix this."

Your heart begun to race in your chest. How were you meant to make this better? You didn't want to make things worse but if you didn't do anything, Kili would likely end up dead before you reached anyone else that could help.

"Stop being dramatic," Kili groaned. "It's only a tiny cut."

You shook your head. "It's not an overly sizeable injury but it is far from fine. I'm going to have to try and patch this up and tie off the wound to help slow the poison. We are going to get you going and find you some help."

Fili asked you how he could help, and you told him to look for something to tie off the wound whilst you did your best to rinse off the wound and try to clean it. It was far from perfect, but you used any scraps you could find to patch up the wound and keep it clean and uninfected. You tied it off with the twine that Fili had found and prayed that it would keep him alive until you could get him to someone that would be able to help him better than you were able to.

"That's the best I can do until we can get you somewhere a little more permanent with a proper healer," you explained. "You're going to be okay."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.