Kili- Family Cuddle (c)

After three months of little to no sleep, your husband let you have a full night sleep. He said he'd stay away and take care of your daughter, letting you sleep. You weren't sure about it as you didn't know if he really knew what he was doing.

You explained anything he could ever possibly need to know but also reassured him that if he needed your help you would be in bed, so he could always wake you up.

He insisted he would be okay so in the evening you fell asleep. You thought you'd be awake in a couple of hours but that was by far furthest from the truth. When you awoke it was dark again and you saw the time being an hour prior to you falling asleep, meaning you had been asleep for nearly a whole day.

You rolled out of bed and stretched out your limbs. Once you had stretched you walked over to the crib. You daughter wasn't in her crib, and you hoped that meant Kili had her. He wasn't in bed, so you didn't exactly know where he was.

Wandering through the house you got to the living room where you heard the soft snores that you recognised as your husbands.

As you walked in you saw your husband lying on the sofa, mouth hung open, snoring softly. He wasn't wearing a shirt, and your small infant was lying on his chest. His hands rested lightly in her soft form stopping her from falling off of him whilst he slept.

You smiled at them. They looked so sleep, but it did slightly annoy you that he could get your child to sleep for longer than five minutes, whereas that was something you couldn't do.

Walking over to the sofa, you knelt down next to it rubbing Kili's shoulder waiting for him to wake up from the light shaking.

He groaned, opening his eyes.

"Y/N?" he asked.

"Hey. Why didn't you wake me up? I've been asleep all day," you sighed.

"You were happy and you looked so cute. I only just fell back to sleep," he stated looking down at the baby, "she's been sleeping for most of the day."

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?" you questioned.

"I remember you saying babies like skin contact and she was crying a lot, and I didn't want to wake you, so I did everything I could think of, so I cuddled her to my chest and she quickly dozed off," he stated.

You smiled at him before looking at the sleeping infant.

"You can keep an eye on her more often. She's going to be a Daddy's girl you know. She already will only go to sleep for you," you chuckled.

"I love you," he whispered, "Thank you for being the Mother of our gorgeous daughter."

"I love you too. And Thank you for being her Father, she is so adorable," you smiled, "I love you too my darling."

You leant forward and pressed your lips onto your daughters head.

Kili shuffled a little on the sofa.

"Come on. Let's have a family cuddle," he chuckled.

You crawled onto the sofa clinging onto your husband, stopping yourself from falling off of the sofa, whilst your daughter slept soundly on his chest. Family cuddles were the best. 

~*~

Written by Charlotte.