Legolas Greenleaf- Perfection (c)

You cuddled the infant to your chest, simply looking at the sleeping face of your child. Your child looked so pure and innocent, it was a shame your husband was on the other side of Middle Earth. A messenger had been sent, so you expected him to arrive soon. There was no exact day he was expected here but he should be here soon.

Your baby had been born a couple of weeks ago, but Legolas, your husband, was visiting Rivendell. He didn't want to leave, but you encouraged him to go, there was no point in forcing him to stay here, when he had something important to do.

The silence was filled with the familiar voice calling your name. You called back to him, trying to be loud enough for him to here you, but still trying not to wake your child. Within a few moments your husband was stood in the doorway smiling at you.

Slowly you stood up, looking at your child, who was now awake, staring straight back at you.

"Hello Legolas," you smiled, "there is someone you should meet."

He wrapped his arms around you kissing you softly, before looking down at your child with loving eyes.

"I am so sorry for not being here," he whispered, "I knew I should never have left."

You smiled softly, "it is fine my love, but I'm not letting you leave anytime soon."

He chuckled, "I would never plan on going anywhere. I don't plan to miss a moment with this little one."

"Would you like to hold him?"

His face paled as he looked down at his infant son. The baby has turned his attention to his father, staring up at him, with his face contorted into an odd confused expression.

"I don't want to hurt him," he whispered.

"Well that's good to hear, I think we'd have to have a discussion if you felt otherwise. But you aren't going to hurt him. Babies are surprisingly durable, and you aren't going to hurt him at all. But look at him, he wants a cuddle from his Father," you smiled lightly pressing your finger to your sons cheek.

Legolas let out a deep breath, staring down at his son.

"Okay."

You slowly passed the infant over to him, guiding him with how he was to hold the child. Within moments he was holding the child in the correct manner, holding him to his chest, smiling down at him.

"Thank you," your husband whispered.

"Pardon?" you asked looking at him slightly confused.

"Thank you for bringing such a perfect child into the world," he smiled.

"Well perfection was inevitable with him being half you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.