Bard- Children (c)

You sighed. When you picked your children up from school, your sons teacher was far from thrilled when you arrived, telling you of what he had been up to today. You apologised on his behalf, before walking your children home.

As soon as you opened the door your son went to run off but you held onto his shoulder shaking your head.

"Girls can you excuse us please, your Father and I need to speak to Bain in private," You said to your two daughters.

Sigrid nodded taking hold of Tilda's hand, walking her out of the room.

Bard looked up at you looking slightly confused.

"What's wrong my love?" Bard questioned.

He walked over to you pressing his lips to yours in a soft kiss.

"Son," he smiled roughly the boy's hair.

"Bain got in some trouble today at school, we need to talk with him," you explained.

You lead your son over to the table, letting him sit down on one side of the table whilst you and Bard sat down on the other side.

Bard still looked confused, as you hadn't explained the situation to him.

"So what happened Bain?" Bard questioned, with a stern expression on his face.

He fumbled with his fingers not looking up from the table. He made an odd mumbling noise, but neither you nor your husband could understand any words within it. Bard turned to you raising an eyebrow.

"Bain's teacher wished to speak to me when I went to pick him up," you explained, "She explained that Bain got into a fight with one of his classmates and tried to shove him down the stairs."

Bain looked up offended by your comment.

"I did not try to shove him down the stairs. I shoved him and he happened to be standing at the top of the stairs at the time."

Bard scoffed a laugh, gaining your elbow to his ribs and a glare. He frowned and faked a cough, trying to compose himself again.

"Son, you understand why that is wrong, correct?" Bard questioned.

"I know Dad. You should never hit another person, but I didn't start it," he frowned.

"It doesn't matter who starts it, you should never hit someone," you said softly.

"But he didn't hit me. He was going to hit Tilda. He was shouting at her," He whispered, "I was protecting her."

You turned to your husband with a soft smile before you both turned to your son. You reached your hand across to rest on your son's cheek.

"You're a good kid," you sighed, "I'm sorry for shouting at you, but you should have told us that. It is completely different if you were protecting Tilda."

"Who was this boy Bain?" Bard frowned, "No one gets my son in trouble and harasses my daughter."

You rested a hand on his shoulder. You weren't happy about the situation but you didn't want your husband to try and kill a child for hurting your daughter.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.