Kili- Tea Party (c)

When you walked into your house, there wasn't the usual rush to see you. Your husband Kili wasn't there to great you and neither was your daughter.

Neither of you really had to work, but your sister owned a shop, and she had just had a baby, so you offered to take care of it whilst she settled into Motherhood.

Kili didn't mind, he had to spend time often with his uncle and brother on royal duties so at least this way he could spend some quality time with his daughter.

You were slightly concerned from the lack of your husband and daughter. Every day you came home both of them ran to meet you. They loved to spend time together but without you, neither could get themselves dressed or cook themselves a meal.

As you walked through the hall, you heard giggling coming from one of the rooms. You recognised your daughter's high squeal and your husband's deep chuckle. A smile crept onto your face at the sound of them.

Walking closer you heard your daughter's broken sentences, and your husband using and unusually high pitched voice. You opened the door to your daughter's bedroom to see an unusual sight.

In the middle of the room as a small table, that you had set up last night. It was laid with an old teapot and cups and saucers, so she could have a tea party with her teddy bears. There were four seat sat around it that she just about fit on, but they were perfect for her toys to sit at. Just there wasn't three toys sat around the table, there was only two.

One of the seats was occupied by a dwarf, you husband. He was too big for the tiny table and chair, and he looked uncomfortable. He had one of your old necklaces on, that you presumed your daughter had put on him, and he was holding a small teacup.

"This tea is wonderful Princess Y/D/N," Kili said in a high voice.

"Would you like another cup?" she asked.

"May I have a cup?" you smiled walking into the room.

"Mama," she squealed putting the teapot down and running to wrap her arms around you.

"Hey bub, you and Daddy have fun today?" you smiled at her hugging her back.

She nodded frantically before running back to the table. She picked up one of the bears and put into onto the floor before sitting back in her chair.

You didn't walk to the empty seat first of all. You made your way to your husband kissing his cheek and then sat down.

"Did you have fun Kee?" you chuckled.

"Yeah," he smiled.

"Would you like some tea?" she asked.

"Yes please," you nodded.

She poured out some of the water into the teacup in front of you.

"What have you done today?" you asked the little girl.

"We've had a tea party all day," she grinned.

"Really?" you smiled, "Isn't daddy amazing?"

Kili laughed at you.

"Not as amazing as Mummy."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.