Arwen- The Moon (c)

The moon shimmered above you as you waited in the garden. The gardens of Rivendell were your favourite place.

In the day you had the simplicity of the plants that surrounded you along with the statues and small structure that were around the place. But at night the beauty was much more intense. Not only did you have the beauty of the plants, but although the darkness could be consuming, the stars and the moon shimmered above you, adding a soft glow to everything around you.

You rested your elbows on the railing looking up at the sky.

Although you were overjoyed in being able to see your fiancé again, you didn't like the waiting. The waiting hurt. They waiting made it feel as though your heart was going to jump out of your chest.

You waited for a few more moments before a hand rested softly against your waist. At first it made you jump, shocked by being knocked out of your thoughts with the contact. You turned your head to see the brunette elf, who had a soft smile on her face.

"Hello Melamin," she smiled.

A smile grew on your face as she pulled you closer to her, wrapping her arms around you. She leaned in kissing your lips.

"Hello," You laughed softly, "I have missed you."

"I have missed you too."

She held you close, not wanting to let you go anytime soon. You had been apart seen as she had to travel to a local village for her Father, but tonight was your reunion. You weren't certain if she was to be here today due to her possibly being caught up on her trip, but you were more than happy to have Arwen here with you again.

Slowly she removed her arms from around you, simply slipping her hand into yours, lacing your fingers together.

Together you turned to look over the rail into the gardens.

"I have spent every day staring at the garden along with every night staring at the moon. Sadly their beauty could not compare to yours," you smiled softly.

She let out a soft laugh.

"Thank you. But I can never compare to your beauty. Remembering your face has allowed me to sleep at night, knowing that I would soon be back to see you," she stated squeezing you hand softly.

"Please do not leave again," you whispered barely audible to anyone other than an elf.

"I promise you, if I ever must leave Rivendell again, you shall come with me."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.