Aragorn- Toe (a)

Aragorn scouted the surrounding area as Gimli examined the ashy remains. He knelt and sifted through the bodies with his hefty, dwarven axe before coming across a charred belt, recognising it he called for Aragorn's attention.

"It's one of their wee belts." He reluctantly said, his eyes shifting between yours, Aragorn's and the ground. Legolas tilted his head to the ground and closed his eyes, letting out a soft and gentle,

"Hiro îth... ab 'wanath..."

Aragorn's ashy eyes turned to fury, as if on a warpath he barged past you and marched towards the nearest thing he could find to release even a little bit of anger, his sights had locked on a helmet that lay on a small mound. With all his might and a shout of mental strife he kicked the helmet, sending it rolling down the hill, it reached the bottom with a thud and a clank.

Aragorn screamed at the sky before he collapsed to his knees and began to pant heavily, tears welled in his eyes and his fists clenched at the dry grass.

"Aragorn... are you okay?" You asked, kneeling beside him, hand on hilt, still scouting for potential danger. This area was obviously notorious for orcs and other dangerous beasts.

"Yes." He almost viciously snapped before calming down. "I'm fine, we need to keep our momentum if we are to find a safe place to camp before sundown."

He leant on you, placing all his weight on your shoulder to stand up, groaning heavily as he did so. He walked slowly, trying to keep pace with the rest of the group. His movements were staggered and with every other step he screwed up his face and winced. You slowed down to walk next to him, leaving the other members of the party to speed up ahead.

"Are you sure you are okay Aragorn? It's not a sign of weakness you know, you've been through a lot recently. You can tell me what's troubling you, I won't tell the other guys."

"Everything is fine Y/N now please, let's continue our travels."

You grabbed Aragorn by the shoulder and twisted him until he was facing you.

"Please Aragorn, if you learn to talk about problems they won't be as much of a burden"

He stopped and turned to you, letting out a deep sigh.

"I'm fine Y/N, I really am. My toe just... really fucking hurts."

~*~

Written by Aaron.