Pippin Took- Baby Names (c)

It had almost been two years since you and your now husband had joined the quest across Middle Earth to destroy the one ring. Truly when it started you could have never imagined it would be so hard or change your lives so much but it had. You had lost quickly made friends and were now stuck with only the memories, having trouble keeping contact with those you had once travelled with as they lived all across Middle Earth.

You and Pippin had bonded a lot during the trip, soon marrying when you returned to the Shire. Even though the memories of the journey haunted both of your minds, you were happy together, happier than you could have ever imagined that you could. The happiness extended further when you found out you were soon going to have a third to join your family.

As soon as your son had been born, the two of you were over the moon, and it made you happier than possible to know that everything was beginning to work out perfectly for your family- now that you were officially one. Although everything was perfect, there was one thing you realised you had never discussed- your baby's name.

You held the small bundle of cuteness tight in your arms, happily wanting to keep him safe and close to you forever, not wanting him to ever have to suffer the life that was led during your journey.

Pippin was sat next to you, arm wrapped around your shoulders, smiling down at the tiny baby that even though you'd both had little time with you, your heart swelled at the love and happiness that he brought you both.

It had been a couple of days of debating names, and even though Merry wanted to spend all his time with the new family, he'd elected to go to his home to wait out the argument.

"I don't like that name," you sighed, at another name that Pippin had offered for the tiny child.

The two of you said names back and forth for what felt like forever until you fell into silence for a moment, Pippin's eyes lighting up as he thought of something.

"It's probably a bad suggestion... but maybe Boromir?" Pippin offered, his eyes hopeful.

You couldn't help but smile at the offer. It had been a horrible loss to lose Boromir and you knew that loss would never be solved, but you were glad that there was a way to honour his memory through your new born son.

"No. It's perfect."

Your lips pressed to his gently only to be pulled apart as another set of arms wrapped around your small family.

"Finally," Merry grinned.

"Where did you come from?" You gasped, having thought that he had gone home.

"I didn't leave," he smiled. "I was just waiting for you to finish arguing and pick a name. And well you did pick a pretty great name."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.