Legolas Greenleaf- Language (c)

"You don't care," he shouted, "why do you even stay here? It's clear you don't love me, and you never speak to anyone else. Whenever we do talk, I cannot speak in my own language. I love you Y/N, but I can't be with someone who clearly doesn't care about me, how I care about them."

You could see the tears brimming in his eyes. You hated seeing him so upset, but there wasn't much you could do.

He was right, you weren't there as often as you liked, or as often as you used to be. But that didn't mean you didn't love him. The complete opposite really, you loved him so dearly, and that's why you were distracted recently.

"Legolas, you know that is not true. You are my happiness and my light. I am sorry I haven't been here as often as we would both desire, but in due time you will know why," you sighed.

"You aren't being serious? If you did care you wouldn't spend every moment you could out of our home," he frowned, "I am leaving, if you have anything further to say I will be at the palace."

You hesitated before you spoke.

"Amin hiraetha," you whispered, "Amin mela lle."

He turned back to you, raising an eyebrow.

"Did you just... is that, did you?" He tripped over his words as he looked at you with a puzzled expression.

"Lle Melamin," you smiled, "I've been busy learning the language, I'm not fluent but I can create small talk. I'm sorry for not being there, it pained me so much to be gone so often, but I love you. And I know how much it means to be able to have a conversation in your mother tongue. I know it would never be easy being with an elf, the language barrier as a start, but it's worth learning to wake up to see you every morning."

His smile grew as he pulled you into a tight embrace, pressing his lips firmly to yours. When he pulled away the pair of you exchanged smiles.

"Thank you Y/N, you cannot even imagine how grateful I am that you are learning my language. I am also glad you love me, I love you too. So much so. I would have been back within a day if I had left," he whispered caressing your cheeks.

"I wanted to get a bit better at speaking the language first before I told you. I thought it'd be a nice surprise, but I guess now it's a good time as any to tell you," you shrugged softly, "I would never want you to leave."

~*~

Amin hiraetha- I'm sorry

Amin mela lle- I love you

Lle Melamin- Yes my love

Written by Charlotte.