Legolas Greenleaf- Archery (c)

Hannah's POV

I had been roped into archery practice with Legolas. Okay, not exactly roped, more begged to, and less practice more introductions.

Legolas and I had been friends since I was young. I was human and King Thranduil took me in when I was a toddle, meaning throughout growing up Legolas had always been there. That was partially good and bad, he was there through all the awkward teenage years, but he was nevertheless my best friend.

Although he was my best friend, I had been hopelessly in love with him. Just he never saw me in the same way. He never treated me in a romantic manner, nor did he make it seem like he could ever possibly see me anything more than his human friend.

For the last couple of years I had wanted to learn archery but who better to teach me than Legolas? I had asked him to teach me for a long while but he refused to teach me. He knew that I would probably do something stupid if I could actually fight for myself but he finally agreed.

Together we were both stood in a slight clearing in one of the forests close to the palace. He had brought his bow and his quiver filled with arrows, and I was preparing to finally learn archery.

When we reached the clearing he explained how to do it. How to hold the bow, how to hold my arms, where to arm, how to shoot, and anything else I could ever need to know about shooting an arrow.

Who knew how intricate the art of shooting a bow and arrow could be? To be honest I thought it'd be certainly simple but that was complete and utter rubbish.

I took the bow from him and one of the arrows, before setting it up how he explained I should do it. I pulled back the bow on the string, before letting go and it went nowhere near the tree we were using as the target, instead it just fell to the floor a few feet in front of me.

Legolas attempted to stifle a laugh, but it was clear he found my ignorance to archery relatively hilarious.

Once again he explained what I needed to do before letting me set up the bow again.

"Wait," he stated.

I paused as his arms laced around me, softly resting his hands over mine. He pressed his chest to my back. He moved one of his hands to push a strand of my brunette hair from resting on my neck, before running it back down my arm to rest on my hand.

My breath got caught in my throat at the closeness. He was pressed to my back and I could feel his warm breath against my neck. He whispered instructions into my ear. As soon as he told me to release the arrow, I did, and it flew through the air until it lodged into the tree that was our target.

Forgetting the closeness between us, I quickly spun around letting out a squeal of joy just to come face to face with the broad Elven chest.

Instantaneously my cheeks flushed and my jaw dropped. Looking up at him, I saw his soft smile and an unusual look in his eye. It was a look I had never seen before.

He leaned down, taking my cheek in his hand carefully, he pulled me ever so slightly closer to him. Due to the height difference he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, making the world seem as if it had disappeared.

The kiss was short, but sweet. He pulled away smiling softly.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't-"

I cut him off by pressing my lips back to his to stop his words from escaping.  

~*~

Written by Charlotte for Hannah.