Aragorn- Stars (c)

You ran along the pathway through the gardens of Rivendell, looking over your shoulder to see where your fiancé was. He was closer than you had first anticipated. He was only a few feet from you. In turning around, you bumped into one of the fences, attempting to get around it, but he caught you.

Aragorn's arms looped around your waist pulling your back towards his firm chest. He leaned in pressing his lips to you cheek.

"Caught you," he laughed in my ear.

"You cheated," you pouted.

He let out a deep chuckle, "And how do you think that I cheated?"

You paused for a moment. You didn't think through an explanation for that, to be honest you didn't think that he would ask any questions.

"You put the fence there."

Aragorn began to laugh, as he turned you in his arms so that you were now facing him, with him looking down at you due to the height difference.

"Of course, my love. I do have a tendency to abandon random objects around Rivendell," he laughed.

"Sorry," you smiled softly.

His smile softened, leaning down to press his lips to yours for a moment.

"It is fine my dear. Shall we go back inside? It is going to be cold soon."

The night was surrounding you, bringing in the darkness and the chill of the evening. Although in the thin garments you wore, it would be colder than necessary, but the stars would shine soon, and you wished to see them. With your fiancé here it wouldn't be as bad, although he didn't have his thick coats on, just being held in his arms would keep you slightly warmer.

"Can we stay out here until the stars rise please? I wish to see them."

He nodded, pressing his lips to your hair.

"Of course, we can. Whatever makes you happy."

"Thank you Aragorn," you said in a mere whisper.

He unwrapped his arms from around you, instead holding one of your hands in his. Together you then walked further through the gardens of Rivendell until you reached a bench that had a clear view up to the sky, the view not being obscured by any trees.

Together you sat down next to each other, his arm looping around your waist once more, pulling you to his side, in an attempt to fight the cold that surrounded you.

"I love you Aragorn."

"I love you too Y/N."