Legolas Greenleaf- Easy (h)

Nothing was ever easy, it wasn't supposed to be and it probably never would be.

School wasn't easy.

Relationships weren't easy.

Life wasn't easy.

Easy was just a word said to make you think that things would be better when you actually tried, instead of doubting yourself or convincing yourself that everything would be hard.

It was just a struggle to find the balance between everything, it would always be there eventually but finding it sometimes seemed impossible.

You had been holed up in the library for the past few hours or so, you liked it in the library, people rarely disturbed you and you could read in peace.

The library was also a place where you went to think, to calm down, to not lose your temper with whoever might have annoyed you.

Most of the time you didn't really get annoyed, it was usually after fights with your fiancé that it happened.

You and Legolas had been together for such a long time, and engaged for a while at that.

The wedding planning had been going on for as long as the engagement, but neither you nor Legolas were in a rush to get married.

However, you and Legolas had ended up in such a pointless argument.

The two of you hadn't slept for days, due to Legolas being frantic about the reunion of the fellowship as the hobbits hadn't been back in such a long time so Legolas wanted everything to go well, and well, you hadn't slept as you were worried about Legolas' health.

So, the argument had definitely spiralled out of control and you stormed off to the library but you had no clue where Legolas had gone.

"Princess" you heard from the doorway, and you turned to see Aragorn standing there.

You slowly got up, and curtsied to him "King" you stated, which caused him to laugh and shake his head.

He opened his arms to you, "We haven't seen each other in months, and the best you can give me is my title?" he asked with humour in his voice.

You rolled your eyes as he welcomed you in the hug, "How did you know I was in here?" you quizzed after you pulled away from the hug.

Aragon sighed and went to sit down at the sofa you had been on, so you joined him, "I found your fiancé shooting arrows out in the woods, at targets, quite mercilessly actually" he explained which caused you to sigh, "Can you explain why he is doing that?" he asked.

You shrugged "We got into an argument, I wanted him to just take a rest and stop for a bit but he refused so I yelled at him. I know I shouldn't have yelled first, but I just wanted to get through to him. He hasn't slept for days, and neither have I because I am worried about him" you explained, not daring to look at Aragorn but just keeping your eyes on your hands, "It's stupid, I know, but I just want him to get at least a little sleep" you told him.

Aragorn stood up and offered you his arm, "Come on Y/N, let's go and find him so you two can have a nap" he said with a jokey tone and definitely a hidden meaning.

You rolled your eyes again, but had a smile on your face for the first time in a few hours.

Aragorn and you walked through the palace, and out into the woods where Legolas was still shooting arrows at targets "My friend" Aragorn said to break the silence that Legolas was standing in.

Legolas turned around, and lowered his bow when he saw you and Aragorn, "I'll leave you two to talk" Aragorn said as he dropped your arm.

After Aragorn left, Legolas walked towards you "Aragorn, he saw you out here before and then came to find me" you explained.

Legolas sighed and took your hand in his, "I guess we should probably get some sleep?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.