Bard- Stars (h)

You weren't the type of person to actually sleep through the night, well the majority of the time you could get a decent night's sleep but the other times, you were restless.

Unfortunately, you were restless and had gotten no sleep.

Somehow you still managed to function with the minimum of sleep, it was as if you were more awake with lack of sleep which really made no sense at all.

Since Bard had fallen asleep, you had stayed in bed for around half an hour next to him, before making the decision to get up and go out to sit on the steps up to the house.

Whilst sitting on the steps, you had been looking out over Laketown and up at the stars.

The stars were mesmerising – they were so clear in the sky, and they would shine so bright. They managed to comfort you in some way, they were relaxing but you couldn't quite explain why.

You were wrapping your thin shawl around you tighter, when a thick coat was draped around your shoulders "Thankyou" you whispered to your husband.

He slipped his arm around you after he had sat down next to you, "Why are you out here?" he asked softly, as if he was going to disturb the rest of the town.

You sighed as you leaned against him, "I couldn't sleep..." you said, starting to drift of as you snuggled up to your husband's warmth.

Bard sighed also, "Maybe we should go to someone about this, I am sure there's some form of remedy they could give you to help" he explained.

You shook your head, Bard lifting you onto his lap so that he could wrap his arms around you properly, "No, I don't want any remedy from anyone" you decided promptly.

Bard kissed the back of your head, sighing again, "Well come back inside then, perhaps we could fall asleep in our bed instead of out here in the cold" he stated as he stood up, with you in his arms.

Bard placed you down once you were inside, and shut the door behind the two of you, "We might disturb the children if we go back into the bedrooms" you said nervously.

Your husband smiled, and motioned for you to sit on the sofa instead "Let's just stay here then"

~*~

Written by Hannah.