The Fellowship- Family (h)

Being on a quest was never easy, especially when there were special occasions to be celebrated and all you wanted was to be in the comfort of your home.

You were lucky though, you had your husband Legolas and the Fellowship with you so it wasn't as if you all weren't close with each other.

Due to it being close to Christmas, you were all staying at Rivendell until you were required to continue on your quest.

All of you had agreed to meet in the main hall to celebrate with each other, due to not all of you having your families with you and it felt right to celebrate with each other.

Waking up on Christmas morning had always been one of your favourite feelings, you turned around in bed to see Legolas already away "Good Morning my dear" he greeted you with a smile.

You returned the smile and leant up to kiss him briefly "Good Morning. And Merry Christmas" you told him causing him to chuckle.

"Merry Christmas" he spoke in a soft tone before kissing you properly.

The both of you got changed, you grabbed the presents that you had been keeping in the corner of the room that were for the rest of your friends.

Legolas reached to take your hand in his, "Are you looking forward to today?" he asked as the two of you walked to the main hall.

You nodded in response to him "Of course I am" you told him with a large smile on your face.

The two of you eventually reached the main hall, where Aragorn, Frodo, Sam, Pippin, Merry, Boromir, Gandalf and Gimli were already sitting.

"You weren't waiting on us, were you?" you asked slightly sheepishly.

Frodo shook his head and shot you a smile "No. Gandalf only just got here" he reassured you.

You and Legolas sat down, with Legolas placing his arm around you, "You weren't late for once than" Legolas joked with Gandalf.

Gandalf rolled his eyes but chuckled anyway "No, no. Couldn't miss today, could I?" he had a prominent smile on his face as he spoke.

Gimli was the first to move, handing out presents to everyone "You even got Legolas a present" Aragorn announced with a smirk on his face, causing Gimli to grumble.

Legolas smiled and nodded his head in thanks to Gimli "Thank you Gimli, it is very kind of you" he thanked the dwarf and Gimli smiled in response.

Once everyone had opened their presents from Gimli, you went to hand out the presents you had gotten for everyone.

Sam was the first to open his present, and as soon as he did he shot up to hug you "This is great" he told you as you had gotten him a ring for Rosie.

"Actually, Legolas picked it out" you admitted which made everyone look to Legolas in surprise "Even though I was the one that suggested it" you clarified.

Boromir was nodding in acknowledgement "That's a nice choice of ring" he complimented.

Legolas laughed and pulled you closer "I figured it would be suitable for Rosie. She seems like a lovely girl" he explained.

Sam smiled and looked down at the ring "She really is" he breathed out "I'm lucky" he continued to smile as he spoke.

Pippin and Merry opened their gifts afterwards, and judged by the looks on their faces they liked them, as you had bought them matching cloaks considering they loved the ones from Galadriel.

The rest of your friends continued to open their presents, many hugs, smiles and words of thanks were exchanged just as presents were.

It felt as if you were with family, and in all honesty, you were.

~*~

Written by Hannah.