Bard- Wedding Ring (c)

You had looked everywhere but you couldn't find it anywhere. A week ago you had lost your wedding ring, and you had looked across the whole house to try to find it but it was nowhere to be found.

All you remembered was that you were wearing it one day and then you weren't. You had no recollection of where it could be, hence why you had looked through the whole house for it. The only explanation you could think of was that you had lost it at the market, meaning you would probably never be able to find it again.

Bard wouldn't be happy. You knew you should tell him but you were scared he'd be upset with you, you couldn't blame him if he was. He was acting odd for the last couple of days, he smirked more often and was asking you odd questions. You hadn't told him you had lost your ring yet, but now was the time you had chosen to tell him.

You sat him down on the sofa, whilst you paced the room running a hand through your hair.

"Bard I have something to tell you," you sighed.

"What is it my love?" he asked softly.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to," you frowned, "I lost my wedding ring last week. I have looked everywhere. I didn't want to tell you as I thought I'd find it but I can't. I've looked through the whole house."

He stood up with a soft chuckle. He stepped towards you wrapping his arms around you pressing his lips to your hair.

"My dear it is okay," he whispered.

"You aren't upset?" you asked.

"No love. I could never be upset. Well as long as you aren't upset with me," he stated.

You frowned at him.

"Why would I be upset with you?" you questioned.

Still holding you close he put his hand in his pocket pulling out the small golden band. Your jaw dropped as you looked at your wedding ring in his hand.

"I found it on the floor a few days ago. You were acting peculiar, hiding your hands, so I presumed you had lost it and knew you had, but you hadn't told me. So I was waiting for you to tell me you had lost it before I gave it to you," he explained.

You lightly hit his shoulder.

"You had me so worried Bard. I thought I had lost it forever."

He put the ring onto your finger pressing his lips to yours.

"You should have come to me," he chuckled.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.